Compelling personal circumstances

envo

Expert Member
In a recent visa application, I saw that I could have the request escalated to get it done faster by providing "compelling personal circumstances".

I was just wondering, have any of you filled that stuff out before to escalate the visa approval process? Was it worthwhile? What is compelling enough? (I live quite a boring life lol)

"My dog ate my previous visa and I need this one to live" jumps to mind as a compelling 1 sentence story. Or do they expect to hear your life story about how hard you had it growing up and how the visa will help your mental and physical health?

Arthur

Honorary Master
In the target/receiving country: Illness or death of a relative, urgent medical services not available in home country...

patrick123

Expert Member
Yep, I required one for the funeral of my brother in NZ. My sister stays there as well. Basically approved overnight.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
You can also just pay more and get it approved quicker.

1000 pounds gets you overnight approval on a UK visa.

surface

Executive Member
In a recent visa application, I saw that I could have the request escalated to get it done faster by providing "compelling personal circumstances".
Please state only the true nature your personal circumstances. They will decide if it is compelling enough.

envo

Expert Member
Please state only the true nature your personal circumstances. They will decide if it is compelling enough.
Ah ok, so it's not like something "I lost a leg and my mom is sick and was adopted twice" etc type thing. Just like "I need this urgently because I like flowers" and they decide if it's compelling enough? Cool

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I didn't put anything there, was just wondering what compelling stories people might have used in the past to get one done faster.

RE: The UK visa one, you pay 1000 pounds extra but might not get it at all, I've seen loads of people not get anything in 30+ days and they paid for express