Computer Mania legit or no?

DanyaalShah

Hey folks,
As the title suggests, does anyone know if Computer Mania is legit or not?
I want to buy a wifi router from them which is out of stock almost everywhere but I'm uncertain as to whether I can trust them.
Anyone buy from them before ?

Please help, thanks in advance.

zolly

Expert Member
Hey folks,
I want to buy a wifi router from them which is out of stock almost everywhere but I'm uncertain as to whether I can trust them.

Yup. Never ordered online from them but have purchased numerous small items from their stores.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Wow, they used to be super common everywhere, had one in Bayside, West coast village, etc. in Cape Town.

And they've finally updated their site, I remember a few years ago it used to just be an online catalog with a pdf reader, was horrendous.

Totempole

Expert Member
Hey folks,

They've been around since 1991. I'm surprised that this is the first time you've heard of them.

Supervan II

Expert Member
Many moons ago I purchased a FF Steering wheel at their Tyger Valley Mall branch. Upon carrying it on to the aircraft I had someone remark: "Oh, your son will be so excited when you get home!".

"Nah", I replied "It's for me!" :D

You should have seen his face! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

zolly

Expert Member
They've been around since 1991. I'm surprised that this is the first time you've heard of them.

I used to live in KZN and never saw any of their shops there. Matrix Computers and other independent shops, but never Computer Mania.

DanyaalShah

I’m not really big on online shopping and they don’t have any stores in KZN. I’ve been searching for this one modem and they came up under the results

GrootVoet

Bought a monitor from them last week. Super impressed.

Did not had stock, order and next day I could collect.

Totempole

Expert Member
I’m not really big on online shopping and they don’t have any stores in KZN. I’ve been searching for this one modem and they came up under the results
I've always thought of them as a brick and mortar franchise like Incredible Connection rather than an online store.
I just didn't realize they were so concentrated to the Western Cape. I guess it makes sense since they were established here.

Anthro

Expert Member
Computer Mania are reputable, actually two of my colleagues worked there some time back, and yes it is a franchise more concentrated (if not only) in Cape Town area

crysis

Expert Member
Can confirm they are decent enough to buy from. Bought many small peripherals from them without issue. Pricing is also correct. Would rather support them than incredible corruption.

crysis

Expert Member
why does everybody call them that? are they that corrupt? I mean ANC levels of corruption?
Yeah. Also they aren't even a real PC store. All they sell are laptops and TV's these days.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Yeah. Also they aren't even a real PC store. All they sell are laptops and TV's these days.
yes, but corruption? I mean with the ANC its a given,
Incredible might be a bit overpriced, (all those ebucks suckers) but are they actually corrupt?

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
A bit of Moose History from my strange and twisted part.

I once did business with Computer Mania, back in those days think early 90's they had a shop in Blue Route and Maynard Mall, I use to run with some Taiwanese types and we sold Tv Game Machines to them. Think the owner at that time was a lady called Debbie..... she was married but if memory serves me correctly, she divorced..... Strange days back then....

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Hey folks,

Yep - legit.

Bought lots of stuff from the stores - not used their online shop though.

No issue with returns within a reasonable period (but keep your receipt) either.