Cool ideas 200 / 100 speed issues

cranus99

I been with cool ideas for a few years now and upgraded to 200 most over a year.

A few times I have complained about speed issues however in the end I just left it. It like hitting your head on a brick wall. You get passed from pillar to post. OPENSERVE will call you and tell you that the line is shared and you paying for service that will never be reached in terms of speed during peak.

Openserve says I must test at 5am when everyone asleep. IN THAT case I get full speeds, but come down to peak time speed are terrible at times.

I AM thinking of switching to another provider as I think I am not getting the speeds Iam paying for during peak hours.

Today openserve is out doing a repair and they retesting my line. I asked again about the speed issues and they referred back to isp.

What are your thoughts and which providers seem to give speeds that match to what is advertised?

Zak

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
I been with cool ideas for a few years now and upgraded to 200 most over a year.

A few times I have complained about speed issues however in the end I just left it. It like hitting your head on a brick wall. You get passed from pillar to post. OPENSERVE will call you and tell you that the line is shared and you paying for service that will never be reached in terms of speed during peak.

Openserve says I must test at 5am when everyone asleep. IN THAT case I get full speeds, but come down to peak time speed are terrible at times.

I AM thinking of switching to another provider as I think I am not getting the speeds Iam paying for during peak hours.

Today openserve is out doing a repair and they retesting my line. I asked again about the speed issues and they referred back to isp.

What are your thoughts and which providers seem to give speeds that match to what is advertised?

Zak
All depends how you test your speed and what equipment you have.

A web based speedtest server is more about testing the performance of the web service on the target server than testing your link speed.

And then what else is going on with your link? Do you have dropbox, one drive, google drive etc. Are steam, apple or windows updates running?

I'm on OS and my speeds have always exceeded link speed. Except when the kids are downloading on steam....

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

Zak
What is your last support ref so I can investigate?

S.Claus

Expert Member
I think it’s saturation on Openserve side but if you feel it’s a CISP issue ask @AfriNatic , @websquadza for a test account . @r00igev@@r I got my 200/100 three years ago and only recently achieved 212/99.

@cranus99 what do you consider slow ? Mind posting a Speedtest