Cool ideas bull billing

alexz1

So it’s cool of Coolideas to cut your services for 2 months and still charge you for them and say it’s their terms and conditions. May as well if taken out a contract with some dodgy fiber company. Oh wait cool ideas is dodgy and sly, greedy people I tell you. Now after I cancelled they’re holding my line till I pay those two months. Lol if they don’t release it soon I’ll have another line installed.

Does anyone else think this is right of cool ideas? Regardless of the the t’s and c’s I think it’s pure greed. I hate how the boast so much yet have these types of terms and conditions.

alexz1

No need for a full story. Cool ideas cut the services end of November 2018, I was away and thought okay cool no need for internet and came back end of Jan. Then at the beginning of Feb I had it turned back on. But they charged me for December and January and said I didn’t follow procedure and in their terms and conditions they will keep charging me till I put a pause on it. Don’t need a full story but there it is. Please keep in mind there was no internet for December and January.

waylander

Expert Member
What do you mean cut the services? Post a screenshot of your formal request to them to cancel your service please.

alexz1

Even though they’re in the legal right to charge me according to their terms and conditions I still think it’s greedy and they should stop boasting so much about being the best and not tying people down to contracts. Just a heads up if you’re with cool ideas.

alexz1

What do you mean cut the services? Post a screenshot of your formal request to them to cancel your service please.
I cancelled completely shorty after Feb, the services were cut end of November due to none payment as I had left the country. I paid up November with no issue, I just refuse to pay for December and January as there was no internet while I was gone.

WAslayer

Expert Member
There was no internet because you were not using it due to being out the country or the internet was not working whilst you were out the country because whoever tried using it told you it's not working..?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
If the line is suspended due to non-payment we still get billed by the line provider, therefor our policy is to cancel the line after 2 months if the account isn't paid up you are still liable for those 2 months though. If we cancelled every service due to a customer not paying then we would constantly be billed connection fees which we would have to on-bill. It's not ideal but that's the way the model is built.

STORMERSFAN

If the line is suspended due to non-payment we still get billed by the line provider, therefor our policy is to cancel the line after 2 months if the account isn't paid up you are still liable for those 2 months though. If we cancelled every service due to a customer not paying then we would constantly be billed connection fees which we would have to on-bill. It's not ideal but that's the way the model is built.
HI Paul just a quick one while we on this subject.. I'm away in December from 4th to 28th..can a person pause their line by any chance.. Don't really wanna pay R809 for 7 days lol.. Just wondering.. Obviously I wouldn't expect there to be service from 01/12 to 04/12..or from 29 to 1st..what do u guys do in a case where the client is away on holiday for over 80 per cent of time?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
HI Paul just a quick one while we on this subject.. I'm away in December from 4th to 28th..can a person pause their line by any chance.. Don't really wanna pay R809 for 7 days lol.. Just wondering.. Obviously I wouldn't expect there to be service from 01/12 to 04/12..or from 29 to 1st..what do u guys do in a case where the client is away on holiday for over 80 per cent of time?
Unfortunately not, same thing, so either cancel the line and reconnect for the R1007 or just pay for the month you are away. The ftth models aren't designed to be able to pause the service.

alexz1

Unfortunately not, same thing, so either cancel the line and reconnect for the R1007 or just pay for the month you are away. The ftth models aren't designed to be able to pause the service.
That’s insane. Please make this more clear next time. I may as well take up a contract for fiber. At least then I won’t have to pay for the installation. So there’s no benefit in going with cool ideas?

alexz1

There was no internet because you were not using it due to being out the country or the internet was not working whilst you were out the country because whoever tried using it told you it's not working..?
When I was away the person at looking after my home said the internet was off, but didn’t need it and I made a fat assumption that cool ideas boasts no contracts whatsoever so thought if the i don’t receive the services for those months I don’t have to pay them. No pay no service. But clearly that’s not that case, and that was the only reason I went with cool ideas. Which is why I have cancelled, may as well get some real benefits.

SkippyRamirez

Expert Member
So - you didn't cancel - but expected just not to pay because you weren't home? Makes sense - did you also not have to pay your bond/rent while you werent home?
That's a great idea. I'm going to contact my bank to refund me on my bond equal to the time I spend at work and not at home.

Reactions: 3WA

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
So - you didn't cancel - but expected just not to pay because you weren't home? Makes sense - did you also not have to pay your bond/rent while you werent home?
Hahaha...yep, some arrogant people want their cake AND eat it.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
When I was away the person at looking after my home said the internet was off, but didn’t need it and I made a fat assumption that cool ideas boasts no contracts whatsoever so thought if the i don’t receive the services for those months I don’t have to pay them. No pay no service. But clearly that’s not that case, and that was the only reason I went with cool ideas. Which is why I have cancelled, may as well get some real benefits.
It is month to month, and all of this is in our Terms and Conditions. Unfortunately you still need to cancel the service if you don't want it and pay for it if you do.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
I think you are misunderstanding the difference between no contract and month to month billing.

Contract = ties you in for a period 12-24 months (no cancellations allowed
Month to month = you still have to pay for the service except you can cancel whenever you want

You deciding to just stop paying them without notifying them is just immature and idiotic