Cop shoots passerby in Covid-19 raid gone wrong

thechamp

Honorary Master
Funny how so many on here, including DA supporters, were so strongly supportive of these new measures despite there being clear evidence that this government couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

We will see more cases like this - be very careful in supporting giving security forces extraordinary powers.
What extraordinary powers would that be?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
What extraordinary powers would that be?
For one, they can stop and search my car with no suspicion of illegal activity.
For another, they can arrest or fine me for walking.
For another they can prevent me from purchasing legal items from legal retailers.
Should I go on?

yebocan

Honorary Master
If it was a warning shot. What the bloody heck is he firing with his gun at that level for.
Warning shots should...be...fired...in...the..air. Frikken lunatics with badges (and guns).
Answer :
tiny_arms_big.png

thechamp

Honorary Master
For one, they can stop and search my car with no suspicion of illegal activity.
For another, they can arrest or fine me for walking.
For another they can prevent me from purchasing legal items from legal retailers.
Should I go on?
Are those measures not in accordance with the state of disaster we are in? There is nothing extraordinary about them in a state of disaster we are in, surely people should appreciate it's not business as usual?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Are those measures not in accordance with the state of disaster we are in? There is nothing extraordinary about them in a state of disaster we are in, surely people should appreciate it's not business as usual?
Of course.

The very real fear is the abuse of those powers. The very real fear is that next time it's me or you on our way to the shops next week that gets shot just because. The fear is that power hungry crackpots like that Cele numb**** and that simpering waste of air Nosiviwe Noluthando Mapisa-Nqakula will not easily or readily stand down from this. The effect of this taste of power will linger in the mouths of SAPS and will affect you and me for years to come.

Flarsiep

They did not like it when a cop told them the tavern must be closed and attacked him. That is what i read here right?
What should the cop then do? First you break the law by being in the tavern then you break it again by assaulting a person, that person being a member in uniform is a third issue. Screw that.

If she was truly innocent just walking past, then bad luck, that is why we were taught to shoot up.
Shooting into the ground you can get ricochets. From concrete floor or basically anything hard in the ground. zinc plate will not stop a 9mm bullet, won't even know it is there. so shoot up.
Bullets coming down cannot harm you really, coming down way to slow, terminal velocity being low in comparison. old wifes tale that it comes downs at the same power as going up.

splattie

What if you need to fire a warning shot and there isn't a wall?
You fire into any object that can satisfactorily stop/reduce the energy of said round, i.e. tree, lamp post, vehicle etc. Well, that's how it's supposed to go anyways. Not always possible.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
We do. Government otoh... as @Chris_the_Brit so succinctly puts it...

Funny how so many on here, including DA supporters, were so strongly supportive of these new measures despite there being clear evidence that this government couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

We will see more cases like this - be very careful in supporting giving security forces extraordinary powers.

ponder

Honorary Master
Passerby :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I was at a shebeen and the cops raided, I tried to run away, I got hit in the leg, I'll pretend it wasn't me, I was just walking gaily past singing hymns.
Even if she was that is no reason to shoot a person.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
A Stutterheim police officer is in hot water after "accidentally" shooting and wounding a 32-year-old woman in Kubusi Township on Sunday afternoon with live ammunition.
The alternative being?

thechamp

Honorary Master
This is going to be a disaster.
I would be very surprised if you saw it any other way, just waiting to hear from you how the lockdown is being intentionally heavy handed in the WC to destabilize the DA government.

upup

Executive Member
I receive a message today, it says you must show the army how to insert bullets into their guns, where to aim, where it exit's the gun, etc.