Costly convictions:

Waaib

Executive Member
A wealth related topic.

I just had a small business deal fall through. I'm not concerned about the cash involved. My nose is out of joint because the other party asked me a question that caused the deal to fall through that had nothing to do with the work or service. He asked, 'Before I sign I need to know if you are you right with God? If Jesus comes tomorrow will you go with him to heaven or stay behind?'.

It came across as if he only trusts Christians. Even though I am one I canceled the deal because of how hurtful, exclusionary and narrow minded it is to me. I'm surprised people out there still think like this. I'm sure I shouldn't be surprised but I am. I'm also a bit sad about it ...

Oh well maybe that's why beer was invented by Monks in the first place.

Thats just pathetic.. Glad you cancelled it. Its like a form of nepotism.. Keep wealth and deals "in the family" so to speak.. What happened to merrit..

Last edited:
Jesus has come already,

i'll admit i'd rather work with a Christian but trying to proclaim it to everyone is just darn STUPID!!

UnoPanelvan

Expert Member
Why? Anyone can have his own convictions and choose to use it. That was just one way of checking for trustworthiness and it seems it failed. Maybe it would have been better if he rather asked for a backhander?

Geriatrix

Executive Member
A wealth related topic.

I just had a small business deal fall through. I'm not concerned about the cash involved. My nose is out of joint because the other party asked me a question that caused the deal to fall through that had nothing to do with the work or service. He asked, 'Before I sign I need to know if you are you right with God? If Jesus comes tomorrow will you go with him to heaven or stay behind?'.

It came across as if he only trusts Christians. Even though I am one I canceled the deal because of how hurtful, exclusionary and narrow minded it is to me. I'm surprised people out there still think like this. I'm sure I shouldn't be surprised but I am. I'm also a bit sad about it ...

Oh well maybe that's why beer was invented by Monks in the first place.
Yep. Now try having that from friends and family members.

Why? Anyone can have his own convictions and choose to use it. That was just one way of checking for trustworthiness and it seems it failed. Maybe it would have been better if he rather asked for a backhander?
lol it has zero relevance..

Last edited:

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Asif there aren't tons of false Christians that go around proclaiming their weekly church visits etc. To be honest its probably right what you did. When someone already starts like that with me then im already suspicious.