Creation over Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupa

Banned
@ Rkootnir

A bit drastic but there we are, each .... on his own thrown! Honesty is good! just brings me a lot of trouble. But then I also have an middle finger to those mocking my beliefs. I also had my fair share of experience regards to religion! I do not believe in the Church, they are the same as GVT's, I believe in a God and Christ as stated below as well as in a more modern creation theory in that creation influenced or altered the evolutionary process! Somewhat different from what the mockers tried to instill. Churches brought me and my family lost of grieve in the past, with no thought of love compasion and humanity!

Last edited:

pupa

Banned
love56k said:
rotf!!!! this post, in fact the entire thread, is the funniest i've ever seen here... where do i find that star rating thingi??? :D
Hi Love it is, confession day today, Join the queue

ajak

Expert Member
W. D. Fard taught that the white man is the result of genetic manipulation by an evil black scientist named "Yakub." Through a special method of birth control, Yakub bred the black out of his experimental creatures until they were white. This took about 600 years to accomplish. According to the theology of Elijah Muhammad, black really is the symbolic color of good and white symbolic color of evil. His reasoning is that all colors are present in black, and all colors are taken out of white. His conclusion is that the whiter Yakub's creatures became, the less good there was in them and the more evil there was in them. The final product was so evil, they became devils. Black Muslims call the white man Blue Eyed Devils and blame all of the suffering in the world upon them. The creation of the white man occurred some 6,600+ years ago. HE HE HE HE HE :D :D

Prometheus

Banned
mooK said:
But what if it's actually JesVs or whatever? Y'know, the advent? And then like, we all, like, think he's the devil and such?
Here's the way I see it. If it is Him then we must also belief His word to be true. And His word says the Devil will impersonate Him before He returns. The Devil won't be able to do real miracles so he will impersonate the loved ones who passed before you to make you belief his lies. When He really returns the Devil will be no match for Him and you will see real miracles as they happen. There will be no question in your mind then that it is Him.
jabulani said:
"And their names shall be Pupa and Prometheus. Make this known by My command!"
There you have it people. If you want proof that this vision wasn't real, Jabulani has just provided it. If it was real he would have given our real names. This is my last response to idiotic comments Jabulani.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Banned
Rwenzori. There's only so much a person can say to someone mocking religion. I've said what I could say. All I can do now is hope that they will come to enlightenment and let God take care of them as He said that vengeance is His.

Rkootknir. It's sad that you had such an experience with the church. But people all over the world have similar experiences. I don't want to be in any church for the same reasons as you. But I chose a different option. Instead of blaming God for it, I instead belief only in Him.

jabulani

Expert Member
love56k said:
rotf!!!! this post, in fact the entire thread, is the funniest i've ever seen here... where do i find that star rating thingi??? :D
Why thank you for the support love56k - just trying to add a little humour and expose a bit of the bogus in a somewhat dry subject.

:)

jabulani

Expert Member
Prometheus said:
If you want proof that this vision wasn't real, Jabulani has just provided it. If it was real he would have given our real names.
Now I even have YOU half-believing in the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster! :p

Do you really think I believe in a Spaghetti Monster???

OF COURSE I DO!!!!!!!!
:) :)

pupa

Banned
jabulani said:
Now I even have YOU half-believing in the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster! :p

Do you really think I believe in a Spaghetti Monster???

OF COURSE I DO!!!!!!!!
:) :)
All I believe is your belief is your own Godless, brainless mockery with some sick trait of Sub Saharan humour! The only bogus here is in your mind.

jabulani said:
Why thank you for the support love56k - just trying to add a little humour and expose a bit of the bogus in a somewhat dry subject.

:)
Got to go. Have a breakdown at Ngodwana and need to move.

Jabu laugh at yourself as I will when you meet your maker. That inner voice is the one you have to fear most and please do not take to head anything said! Enjoy your fun the short while it lasts as I really pity PPL like you! Shame

infoseeker

If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs, it would be Buddhism. -- Albert Einstein (bio)

captainwifi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability
Which religion has provided us with a falsification test?
Well only Christianity has. In Mark 16 Christ said that "... and those that
believe , these signs will follow them: With new tongues shall they speak".
Christianity is the only religion that has provided a falsification test,because
the science of linguistics can easily determine if somebody is really speaking
in tongues or not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistics
Paul said in 1 Cor.14 ".... that tongues is a sign to the unbeliever.."

Falsification says that we can't prove the non-existance of
something. For example evolution can't be falsified. Popper stated that
evolution is "... the biggest metaphysical research project in the history of
science".

Reincarnation, buddish, hinduism and all the other religions make the most
grandious claims but we have no way of proving that Visna doesn't have
eight arms.

pip

captainwifi said:
Which religion has provided us with a falsification test?
Well only Christianity has. In Mark 16 Christ said that "... and those that
believe , these signs will follow them: With new tongues shall they speak".
Christianity is the only religion that has provided a falsification test,because
in tongues or not.
But, sadly, if someone were actually "speaking in tongues", there could be other explanations ( collective unconscious maybe ), so no go there.

The nature of true religious faith is that its tenets CANNOT be proven in the physical world. Nor falsified.

pip

captainwifi said:
For example evolution can't be falsified. Popper stated that
evolution is "... the biggest metaphysical research project in the history of
science".
Well, not yet anyway. I understand where Popper is coming from on this one, but it is like you know you have a ten-thousand-piece jigsaw, and you have only 100 pieces, and you are trying to see the completed picture. Give it time.

Edit : " For now we see through a glass, darkly"

Last edited:

jabulani

Expert Member
captainwifi said:
in tongues or not.
Well if there are speaking Italian, it will be the Spaghetti Monster who gave them the ability to do so - Italian is his native tongue!
:p

ajax

Executive Member
Anybody thought WHY there's this constant fight going on?

At the root of the debate is the question of moral accountability. Evolution effectively removes G_od out of the picture meaning every man is his own boss with his own set of rules.

Us humans are by nature selfish, and being morally accountable to a supreme being will instill fear because we know that we are not perfect and have broken G_od's law (i.e. the 10 commandments). So when justice is served one day, just as in our courts of law, we will be found guilty for breaking that law and punishment will follow, even if we committed the crime 20 years ago.

If we (evolutionists) can "prove" there is no G_od, we can endulge ourselves in our every-man-for-himself lives until we die.

When one adds the way the (some) churches and self-professing "Christians" behave, plus the perception that submitting to G_od in all things equates to imprisonment, it is not surprising that there is a drive out there to remove G_od from society.

Obviously my attempt at objectivity has failed here as I have found total peace in G_od knowing that my fine for breaking the law was paid by J_esus on the cross - I only trust in him, as there is no other g_od who was willing to do that for me.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
captainwifi said:
Reincarnation, buddish, hinduism and all the other religions make the most
grandious claims but we have no way of proving that Visna doesn't have
eight arms.
firstly reincarnation is not a religion but a fate endured in the afterlife. also islam and judaism is more closely related to christianity in terms of fate in the afterlife, than either hinduism or buddhism so its not 100% correct to say that every other religion except for christianity makes grandious claims. david vs goliath is not a grandious claim? the ressurection of christ? noah building an ark in 7 days? the idea of a holy war between good and evil powers? are these not grandious claims? if not, then why have we not witnessed such events on such a grand scale in the 2000 years or so since christianity?

also hinduism and buddhism as far as i know are the two most tolerant religions in the sense that one of a different belief is not condemned in one way or another for not following that specific religion. as long as one lives a good and moral life, one should be rewarded in the afterlife independent of belief. hinduism is unable to be traced back to a founder with a single set of ideas. a hindus main goal is to achieve perfect understanding, which is called moksha, and a release from life on this world. it takes them a very long time to achieve this and they must become reincarnated many times. they will reach moksha only if they have a good karma. hinduism is polytheistic, but families may choose which God they want to worship. a similar belief holds true for buddhism. the main difference between the two comes in the caste system which holds for hinduism and not buddhism. also gender is not discriminated, a God may be male or female.

however unlike religions of middle eastern origin one is not forced to follow a God as specified in their scriptures. one may call this choice in the sense that one is offered a choice whether or not to accept the lord. but i call this force because if one chooses not to accept him they are punished in one way or another, irrespective of whether they lived a good life filled with morals and values. here gender is discriminated, there is only one God and he's male. there's also no significant female figures in the scriptures which is representative of how men viewed women at the time when these religions came about. one may argue mary was a significant female figure, however this was not by choice - she was merely used as a vessel to bring j3sus to earth.

i don't conform to either western or eastern beliefs because they dont exactly tie in with whats physically possible. having said that i tend to have more respect for eastern beliefs due to their ability to be more accommodating to others of different beliefs.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Banned
Highflyer_GP said:
i don't conform to either western or eastern beliefs because they dont exactly tie in with whats physically possible.
I don't understand exactly what you're saying here. Sounds like you don't belief that what is said by religion could indeed happen. Could you please explain this to me.

ajak

Expert Member
"The being we call god is merely a pawn working for a powerful and rational force in some far-off galaxy. This force is trying to weed out people who are irrational by seeing who would be stupid enough to believe in his god illusion so easily. Those that believe in this illusion, he will send to eternal damnation and he will deliver the rational beings, those who stoically refused to believe in a god, to heaven."
- Nicholas Yee

Prometheus

Banned
ajak said:
"The being we call god is merely a pawn working for a powerful and rational force in some far-off galaxy. This force is trying to weed out people who are irrational by seeing who would be stupid enough to believe in his god illusion so easily. Those that believe in this illusion, he will send to eternal damnation and he will deliver the rational beings, those who stoically refused to believe in a god, to heaven."
- Nicholas Yee
That's the most astoundingly stupid thing i've ever heard. This implies that there is indeed a more powerful force in the universe. That force would then be called God, which would mean a person believing in Him wasn't stupid. :confused: Who is this Nicholas Yee?

pip

ajak said:
- Nicholas Yee
Lovely - about the most intelligent thing I have read about god in a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.