Cricket: International Discussion Thread

McT

The Humble Scot!

The series is tied 1-1. All to play for in the decider.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Our troubles in cricket are not going to get better any time soon. The strength of the team is put is in mid-table fighting for 4th best (at best). If our team is an easy push over, stronger team have no real incentives to regularly visit or tour for much longer than 6 - 7 weeks. It is pretty much a death spiral. Like our economy, it is going to take a miracle or small age to recover.

Immensely sad.

For me, there is no joy in watching our lads get pummelled by the Indians (as an example) or losing to the Sri Lankans (nothing against them). There is no hype or excitement when we have any international matches.

To compensate, I have started focusing on international teams, enjoying their battles and making peace with the (possible) fact that I may not see our lads reach one or two in ratings for a very long time. It is what it is. Politics (to a small extent) and downright crap management has ruined the game.

I feel most for the youngsters coming through the ranks. For many, if they truly want to reach the top, they may need to consider leaving SA and naturalising elsewhere.
If only our cricket could follow their rugby counterparts and be permitted to pick overseas based players, I'd feel a bit more at ease.

Reactions: McT

McT

The Humble Scot!
David Warner seems to have his sights set on a quadruple ton. 323* at the moment.
An amazing effort, especially with the rate he was scoring. Surely there must have been some thought of going past Lara?

Brian Lara's Test-record score of 400* stays safe for now. Warner's 335* is the tenth-highest Test score of all time.

DanDango

Executive Member
Just came back for the shops to see Pakistan batting, slightly disappointing Warner didn't get the chance to try getting pass Lara score.

Reactions: McT

Joeboy69

Expert Member
I prefer Lara holding the record than Warner for various reasons. But remains an excellent effort no matter the quality of the Pakistan “attack”. Wonder if Paine is rethinking his declaration?

McT

The Humble Scot!
Yasir Shah rescued the Pakistanis with a good knock; 113 (213).

Pakistan are all out on 302 and trail by 287.

Australia have enforced the follow on.

McT

The Humble Scot!
These Pakistan supporters are about as optimistic about their bunch as we are of ours :p

Saad : "Good move by Pakistan to send two nightwatchman. It's important to protect yasir and babar's wicket."
Javed Malik : "any updates on Pakistan's 12th man? Weather. " The forecast rain hasn't arrived and the radar looks reasonably clear
...and rightly so, Pakistan are 2/1 with Imam-ul-Haq back in the hut.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Pakistan 20/3 with Babar Azam gone :(

Pakistan trail by 267 runs with 7 wickets remaining