Cricket: International Discussion Thread

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I haven't been following the India-England series, but what is going on with the pitch?

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
Test lasted <5 sessions, spinners got 28 of the 30 wickets to fall and the renowned spin king Joe Root got 5 for 8.

So, just another test match in India really.
wonder what the odds were on the game not going passed 3 days...

I smell a fix...

its also just india making sure they can play in the final

stefan9

Executive Member
Pitch wasn't that bad. Batsmen can't play spin anymore. Most got out to the straight ball..

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Zimbabwe giving Afghanistan a hard time in the first test being played in Abu Dhabi.

Afghanistan - 110/7 after 35 overs

Creag

The Boar's Rock
I have started (loosely) following the PSL through CricInfo. There have been some interesting contests. There are several Saffers in the mix too. David Wiese had a solid outing a few days back. Rizwan has continued his good form into this competition; he is a class player!

Tonight's match has Ireland's Paul Stirling off to a great start (and I hope I haven't jinxed him). 30 off 12 so far!

Last edited:

Creag

The Boar's Rock
I have no idea if the PSL is on Dstv. Live cricket is the only reason I miss my subscription. Eish :(

Update: Stirling 42 of 16 52 off 22 56 off 33 and holed out ... damage done!

Last edited:

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
NZ vs Australia 3rd T20 on the go. Australia batted first and have set an imposing total of 208. NZ are in the first over of the chase. Should be good if they get off to a good start.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Meanwhile, across the pond, Afghanistan is 23/5 and facing an innings defeat. This is a vastly different performance from the one against India where they were superb. A lot of different names in the Afghan team. Perhaps it is not their best side?

stefan9

Executive Member
I have no idea if the PSL is on Dstv. Live cricket is the only reason I miss my subscription. Eish :(

Update: Stirling 42 of 16 52 off 22 56 off 33 and holed out ... damage done!
Been shown from this season.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Been shown from this season.
Aren't they showing it on YouTube? I am sure I saw an advert whilst sneaking a peak during the SA/Pakistan test series (I use my in-laws account to stream...wouldn't pay for DSTV!).

stefan9

Executive Member
Aren't they showing it on YouTube? I am sure I saw an advert whilst sneaking a peak during the SA/Pakistan test series (I use my in-laws account to stream...wouldn't pay for DSTV!).
Pakistani board is but I think you may need a vpn to view it from here. Think there are geo restrictions in place.