Critical strike gear

CyberDemon

Hi all,

I have a Paladin that is currently lvl 47. I got a Tank and DPS dual spec. On my DPS build I want to get the best crticial strike gear. Where can I get such gear? I can also buy it as I have a lot of gold.

Essentially, I want to get the best possible critical strike gear for now and later on for end game gear.

TIA

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
your 47, just grind dungeons gear will come along as you do them :)

"You're"

/me hides :p

On topic: Gear doesn't last long while leveling (unless you have heirlooms which are awesome).

Dungeon to around lvl 80. 80-85 you should do quests as you will need the rep later for gear and enchants.

werries2

Expert Member
Level and do quests, in two or three weeks depending on how much you play, you will be level 85 and realize that crit gear is not the beginning and the end for dps ;)

My recomendation for you: focus on leveling up. Get to 85 and start collecting justice points. In probably a month from now patch 4.2 will be released, giving you the oppertunity to buy epic T11 gear for justice points. As for gear while leveling, the quest rewards are sufficient to keep you clothed and since you will spend about an hour- 3 hours per level it is not worth spending 1-2hours in dungeons for perhaps one gear upgrade...

Venom Rush

Expert Member
Level and do quests, in two or three weeks depending on how much you play, you will be level 85 and realize that crit gear is not the beginning and the end for dps ;)

My recomendation for you: focus on leveling up. Get to 85 and start collecting justice points. In probably a month from now patch 4.2 will be released, giving you the oppertunity to buy epic T11 gear for justice points. As for gear while leveling, the quest rewards are sufficient to keep you clothed and since you will spend about an hour- 3 hours per level it is not worth spending 1-2hours in dungeons for perhaps one gear upgrade...

Keep in mind though that you start earning justice points from lvl70 onwards in dungeons. It's not much but it does add up while you're questing towards lvl 85.

Conack

Expert Member
I'd recommend not just rushing to 85, but try do all the dungeons once. You'll probably never see them again and they're good fun and experience with your new character.

Don't worry too much about gear until you're 85, like the others said. Instances (Dungeons) do yield the best items though, and is a nice reward for putting the time and effort in to make a group work.

Levelling is simply a chore for most, but your first character should not be a mad rush to 85 - enjoy the journey and have fun. Queue for the odd PVP. Try tanking, dps and healing. Don't just stick with DPS because that's what you do mostly (questing), you might be surprised how much fun the other roles are.

Don't worry about stacking Critical Strike gear or anything specific until higher levels. Crit for one won't do you that much good.

The info you need to improve your game:
EJ - Paladins

werries2

Expert Member
Though what Conack says is true, have fun experiencing all the instances. In reality if you do not have a nice guild group or group of friends leveling up together, this is rarely fun... I have terrible luck with random players in dungeons, and stopped doing that altogether now. The new quest system and quest rewards are quite nice to play through though...

zippy

Honorary Master
You can start collecting justice points as soon as you start doing Northrend instances.

Do as many instances as you can. Don't bother focusing on stats. If its dps plate and the item level is higher than what you have, need it, otherwise greed. Crit, haste etc., is the last thing you need to worry about until get to lvl 85, and even then I think hit rating and haste until capped will do more for you

zippy

Honorary Master
Levelling a mage atm, I have hardly done any quests. Went from lvl 20 to 75 in about 2 or 3 weeks, and i also raid 4 timed a week. Having a high guild level and stacks of heirlooms means I level so fast in instances, my quests go grey and the gear is changed daily. Even has dps, queue times have been around 10 mins, in which time i level herbs. At lvl 78 now and it had slowed a bit.

Surv0

Executive Member
Geez dude, dont get ahead of yourself. Dont purchase any gear till you get to 85. Just run dungeons and use the drops.. Quest rewards are also pretty good and are usually suited to your character. Just grind quests and dungeons till 85, most of the gear from then on will be from Dungeons, Heroics, Raids and crafting proffs.

Do some research on your pallys attributes and abilities. Make sure you know what your soft caps are when you hit 85. Depending on your toon, your crit value does have a limit. My mages is about 35% etc, anything more is a waste which could go to other attributes.

Just grind till u get to 85 then start asking these types of questions...

Megamuffin

get heirlooms :D thats the best gear u can get for leveling characters and very OP at low lvls :D

Jase

Executive Member
I recently started a rogue (no heirlooms) for the lulz and I never realised, at lower levels, just how much xp one earns in dungeons. I am levelling faster than the zones I had planned to quest through. Sure there are some bad groups but I just shrug it off, join the queue and carry on questing / professions inbetween. My DPS is decent enough just using the quest / mob drops.

Have fun with your first character, explore the world, do the quests (Some of them are really funny!) as you can settle down and do the serious stuff once you get to 85.