Cryptocurrency Mining

I see this is in OT - perhaps it should move to OT >> Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships

Is that not where the main BTC thread is? I will post a similar comment in the alt/crypto thread.

Where can I buy the cheapest "watt meter", think I am using to much electricity, need to check if it is the rigs.

etienne_marais

Executive Member
I see this is in OT - perhaps it should move to OT >> Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships

Is that not where the main BTC thread is? I will post a similar comment in the alt/crypto thread.
BTC thread is in OT, unless there is another one. Perhaps all could be moved to more relevant.

etienne_marais

Executive Member
Where can I buy the cheapest "watt meter", think I am using to much electricity, need to check if it is the rigs.
On prepaid electricity meters you can monitor your electricity usage (1 unit = 1kwh), monitor average usage with and without rig running.

For conventional get a multimeter (for high current), think they can only read current(I) and volt(V), then power=I*V.

As for cheapest, I think the cheapest you can find (as long as it's not low current only) will do.

Last edited:

akescpt

Honorary Master
where is the idiots guide to mining? and not warehouse scale. like at home with a normal size rig to get started!! please!

Do you mine Ethereum?

Who's mining what? Does the hardware differ significantly or can one switch rigs between currencies as demand dictates?
Nicehash will switch currencies on the go.

On nvidia it mostly does zcash and amd mostly does ETH. Sometimes it switches my nvidia cards to eth also.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Nicehash will switch currencies on the go.

On nvidia it mostly does zcash and amd mostly does ETH. Sometimes it switches my nvidia cards to eth also.
if you had to buy a card now. what would you go with? if you dont have an unlimited budget that is.