CSGO Sticky thread

Polemus

Expert Member
Huh, it’s competitive.
I agree with ragon...

We are a clan of DMG's and in the previous DGL we won a total of 4 rounds..... yes.... ROUNDS .... in a total of 8 games (16 maps)

The problem is not that we do not play well together, you play against eagles and some elites in DGL. They kick ass. The team gets demoralised, and starts fighting cause one bloke accidentally peaked.

It takes the fun out of the game :(

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I agree with ragon...

We are a clan of DMG's and in the previous DGL we won a total of 4 rounds..... yes.... ROUNDS .... in a total of 8 games (16 maps)

The problem is not that we do not play well together, you play against eagles and some elites in DGL. They kick ass. The team gets demoralised, and starts fighting cause one bloke accidentally peaked.

It takes the fun out of the game :(
Do I need to repeat again that it is competitive, improve your game. Is it only 'Fun' when you win?

Electric

Honorary Master
If you are competing in the DGL at DMG level then there's not much to complain about really.

Polemus

Expert Member
Do I need to repeat again that it is competitive, improve your game. Is it only 'Fun' when you win?
Easy tiger....... no-one asked to repeat, i did not say you were wrong either, i just mentioned what our experience was.

You are clearly one of those ppl that shout "EZ Game" mid way though...

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Easy tiger....... no-one asked to repeat, i did not say you were wrong either, i just mentioned what our experience was.

You are clearly one of those ppl that shout "EZ Game" mid way though...
I am only in the opinion that when you are playing competitive in a league, you will need to expect the opposition to be trained. It is no easy game.

I actually despise the inbuilt matchmaking system. I hover around DMG/LE, and are in a position where grieving are very common, though grieving is more common in MG1/MG2/MGE, teamspeak is also killing the game on occasion. I also don’t have regulars to play with me on a daily basis, most are ‘pro’ and are either in training or in match. This is where you need to consider entering the leagues.

I’m also not keen to have others play with me on their clone accounts (which are shared by many), it takes your skill (the effort) away – to be reliant on the smurf...

Note: Grieving comes in many forms.

Gezza

Expert Member
Comps are hard. The best and most trained will always win. Sure, games were invented to be fun and they are. I have fun playing rugby with my friends. I will have the worst time of my life if my friends and I decide to play rugby league now. Same concept.

People need to forget this idea that Computers are for geeks.

If you want a career as a gamer then build your career as a gamer. You'll get labeled as a geek or nerd, but what is the difference between Sports on PC than sports in real life.

Congrats on being able to run long distances and not get tired. I can play computer for days and also not get tired. We're all athletes :D

Mike7

How long does Steam support take to reply to your ticket?

I created a ticket on the 17th of August and have had no replies yet.

I got scammed and all my skins got stolen :crying:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
How long does Steam support take to reply to your ticket.

Third party?

Pitbull

Verboten
Third party?
Other guy in our clan almost got scammed the other night too. He can thank his stars he was in TS.

He added his skins to trade on some website. The guy contacts him and says he will pay the money into his PP account. He get's the PP notification and asks us in TS if it's a good deal. One guy asked him to make sure it's a payment and not an invoice.

It was an invoice for the amount he wanted :D He was about to give his skins to someone and pay for it too...

Mike7

I got sent a link that looked legit and the rest is history. Really dumb I know. :mad:

I had some nice skins to.

I was comfortably a double ak but went on a ridiculous losing streak and I'm now clinging onto MG2. My confidence is shot and I'm a nervous wreck in comp. I just don't understand why I'm so bad in MM. My spray control is good and I kill it on aim maps and 1v1 servers but can't translate those skills to MM.

Polemus

Expert Member
How long does Steam support take to reply to your ticket?

Steam will return your skins if:

1) Steamguard is enabled for more than a month
2) Email Confirmation is enabled for more than a month
3) Someone hacked your account and bypassed the above two methods.

Steam willl NOT return your skins, if you made a trade, and accepted the trade, and confirmed the email.

I know of 3 people that got scammed during trades, and steam does not give a ****.

It sucks balls though :crying:, i lost around 15 keys on a trade one day.... I did not check the item exterior. I emailed steam and they did not even respond. I then tried my luck and told them i was hacked and lost my skins, they then responded within 3 days. I told them the true story and they responded saying that they do not intervene with trades.

Gezza

Expert Member
I understand their policy completely. All these gambling sites where you hand in all the skins to bots. Now you loose your impressive skin collection because another guy sniped you with over $4000 worth of items. Tough luck? Feel like crying? Feel like telling steam your items got stolen instead?

Be very careful on the market and trading virtual items. It is very easy to get scammed, but with a little bit of precaution you can be scam free.

If you want to sell for real money https://www.opskins.com (uses credits on website. Have traded a lot on here). They take a cut when you sell, but it is risk free. Risk free in a sense, you get your credits for sold item and transfer said credits to paypal. No interaction with other users, EVER.

FlexSA

Steam will return your skins if:

1) Steamguard is enabled for more than a month
2) Email Confirmation is enabled for more than a month
3) Someone hacked your account and bypassed the above two methods.

Steam willl NOT return your skins, if you made a trade, and accepted the trade, and confirmed the email.

I know of 3 people that got scammed during trades, and steam does not give a ****.

It sucks balls though :crying:, i lost around 15 keys on a trade one day.... I did not check the item exterior. I emailed steam and they did not even respond. I then tried my luck and told them i was hacked and lost my skins, they then responded within 3 days. I told them the true story and they responded saying that they do not intervene with trades.
That is very interesting to know! Makes 100% sense!

Electric

Honorary Master
That is very interesting to know! Makes 100% sense!
FYI, the policy has changed.
They don't return scammed items unless you have physical proof of a hijack and a subsequent item theft and even then they will return items once and never again.

General phishing scams be it from a clicked link or downloaded software, loosing items via trade scams due to paypal, steam code, etc. will not be returned anymore.

FlexSA

FYI, the policy has changed.
They don't return scammed items unless you have physical proof of a hijack and a subsequent item theft and even then they will return items once and never again.

General phishing scams be it from a clicked link or downloaded software, loosing items via trade scams due to paypal, steam code, etc. will not be returned anymore.
So what exactly is Physical evidence? Screenshot? Not like you can get physical fingerprints or something like that