CSGO Sticky thread

Genisys

Executive Member
Not to piss on anyones parade, but buying a pistol instead of armour in pistol rounds are not on, especially when playing at higher levels than Gold nova. The Glock can easily one tap a CT at close range and a CT can easily one tap a T at longer ranges (medium ranges). Not buying armour means its easy for the enemy team to get kills by body shots, essentially making it an easy win for the enemy team. If you survive the pistol you will have armour for the second round and you can purchase an SMG and easily win the next round as well.

UrBaN963

Executive Member
Not to piss on anyones parade, but buying a pistol instead of armour in pistol rounds are not on, especially when playing at higher levels than Gold nova. The Glock can easily one tap a CT at close range and a CT can easily one tap a T at longer ranges (medium ranges). Not buying armour means its easy for the enemy team to get kills by body shots, essentially making it an easy win for the enemy team. If you survive the pistol you will have armour for the second round and you can purchase an SMG and easily win the next round as well.
That’s a matter of debate. At higher levels you are more likely to be receiving headshots in which case your armour doesn’t help you at all. It’s useful to have someone who can deal damage at range, which the glock is woefully poor at.

Genisys

Executive Member
That’s a matter of debate. At higher levels you are more likely to be receiving headshots in which case your armour doesn’t help you at all. It’s useful to have someone who can deal damage at range, which the glock is woefully poor at.
If you are playing Dust 2 odds are you'll get an easy close range pick on the person(s) playing long, then you will get a USP. The P250 is **** with range, the USP-S and Deagle trumps the P250. And you are right at higher ranks the idea is getting more head shots, however ducking means the other person will likely miss their first shot(s). I've been caught out a few times by an enemy ducking when I shoot at them.

KT-B

Honorary Master
I agree on the armour - but he seemed to know that he was good enough to go without. I always buy otherwise I die too quickly. But many teams I play with say no to it in the pistol rounds - as most people go for headshots. I often say oops - forgot. And buy it anyway. Depends how quickly they say "save round" :ROFL:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
So in short buy AK, learn to one tap, buy M4 learn to double dink, win?
Learn? Everyone must learn to aim and spray control, irrelevant to which weapon is in use. No, all weapons are situational and circumstantial. The only weapon which is a dud economically and in usage is the PP Bizon.
Going by the stats, the P250 is a good pistol to buy on an eco-pistol round, against armoured and unarmoured opponents, unless you are on CT-side, however, is also a good weapon to be purchased by both sides on a ½ buy round.

No, it is not always the best to buy armour only in a pistol round. Again, situational and circumstantial. In a strat-less team, I always tank on pistol round, simply because I like to be an entry and do as much damage as possible. However, when there is communication and the team have ‘some’ cohesion and synergy going it is a good idea to tank one player with a high DPS weapon and to buy throwables and kit (pending on your side) accordingly.
The meta has changed so much since 2015 and even more so since last year.

I need to take a break. I have learned last week that when you as T-side have long control (2 players) with the bomb to take the bomb to B site because B side is under T control (1 player). Now this is 3 (T) v 2 (CT). CT has known mid control and now the bomb has to rotate either through T spawn or through lowers… this with about 90sec on the clock. CT is already sandwiched between the bomb sites, though they have the mid control, hence they can still move catwalk/short and tunnels. I know that some may disagree with me, but I don’t know what casual strats are doing in MM. Anyway.

I have one golden rule unless you are a lurk or an AWP you have absolutely no reason to relinquish the bomb in spawn unless you also want to relinquish any say in the match. Because then you are an individual player in a team and should STFU. The team also needs to call their IGL and stick with that IGL regardless. Done ranting.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Actually I still play but y’all never invite so
I am in any case busy playing The Division “1” and is likely to get the second game next month. This and Anthem… No time. Also started playing some other adventure games made by Daedalic, wow, they are superb at storytelling and illogical problem-solving.

UrBaN963

Executive Member
I am in any case busy playing The Division “1” and is likely to get the second game next month. This and Anthem… No time. Also started playing some other adventure games made by Daedalic, wow, they are superb at storytelling and illogical problem-solving.
I have been playing Apex Legends, Division 2 and Anthem in addition to CSGO.

Which game by Daedelic?