CSGO Sticky thread

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I had the weirdest issue. So I installed CSGO again for the first time in two years, I jump on and get some kills and then the gameplay just freezes, I hear the sounds and if I click I hear me shooting. I had to underclock my 1070 the lowest it can go and now the game is 100% stable, my GPU isn't overclocked in the first place and checking GPU-Z it sits at around 50% usage when playing CS.

So now in my Gigabyte software I have one normal profile and another -200MHz profile for CSGO.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
People recognised me on CS from the olden days and couldn't believe when I said it has been 2 years. I don't know where anything is, I don't even know how to mute people.

Edit: I see you have to drag the little speaker icon all the way down.

ponder

Honorary Master
Edit: I see you have to drag the little speaker icon all the way down.
You can click on it for on/off toggle.

Unfortunately, it's not permanent, you are gonna come across a very annoying person called monkeyspunk or something like that wishing the mute was permanent.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
You can click on it for on/off toggle.

Unfortunately, it's not permanent, you are gonna come across a very annoying person called monkeyspunk or something like that wishing the mute was permanent.
Mine was a foreign 14 year old, why are the new things worse than the old things, wasn't mute permanent before Panorama?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
So no more random "smoke" shots?
Smoke shots, do you mean one-way smokes? One-way smokes are still a thing, but since the smoke is now server-sided it will be more consistently computed on the client-side. They only really changed this due to users discovering that certain grenades can be manipulated with simple client-side commands without any consequences. It is still possible to manipulate these grenades, but only when you host the instance.

It is weird to know that third-party hosted servers are more secure than Valve hosted servers. These service providers were already aware of this, but when it became thoroughly abused only then Valve acted. Ignoring the manipulation, consistency is a requirement in competitive play so yeah…

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I'm pretty sure it can't overclock, it's 144Hz native. I was looking at the Dell S2419HGF until I found out it's actually 120Hz that overclocks to 144Hz.
I know somebody who had an older BenQ and CS didn’t like the monitor pushed to 144Hz. This also happened to be an advertised as 144Hz monitor. I don’t know about the Dell, but that ghosting on the BenQ was terrible, once you switched it back to 120Hz it was normal. It wasn’t as noticeable in other games like Overwatch at the time. I guess the high FPS CS is throwing out doesn’t sit well with some tinkered with panels.

The monitor's second owner also sold it, due to that. CS at 120Hz is also a very noticeable improvement, the perceived smoothness is mind changing. It will improve your aim and reaction time, screen tearing does throw your consistency.