CSGO Sticky thread

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
New mouse arrived...Zowie FK1. Looking forward to trying out a neutral shape after 4-5 years of Logitech (G400S then a G403 that got flaky just outside warranty :confused:).
I was hoping to upgrade to a G703, but Amazon didn’t really have specials…

UK:

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Logitech-Wireless-Powerplay-Compatibility-Lightspeed/product/B07338LDKF?context=search

US:

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Logitech-Lightspeed-POWERPLAY-Wireless-Compatibility/product/B071S8M8TB?context=search

Soul Assassin

Executive Member

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I still have the G703 in my cart, R1300 shipped...
I was hoping to see a good deal on the Logitech’s. From my perspective, the only mice worth getting now are the G703 (which replaced the G403), G Pro (latest), Zowie S1 or FK1. I am not yet sold on the new Glorious or upcoming Cooler Master until it experienced at least 6 months in the market.

Then I also wanted to purchase a Takstar Pro 82 which I can carry around. It is better than the HyperX Cloud II’s and is cheaper than close to all other headsets which are based on it. The Cooler Master MH752 is also essentially a rebranded Takstar Pro 82, but apparently, they lowered the build quality in order to lower the price.

Once my current G403 gives in then I am going Zowie S1 Divina. The S is an FK, but shorter and a little bit taller which will suit my hybrid’ish palm grip. The S is basically a modded FK1+ with a 3360.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Zowie FK1 mini-review.

Capture.JPG

Scrollwheel is not great...feels mushy and at the same time the notches are too far apart so scrolling smoothly is hard. Much prefer the scrollwheel on the G403.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Zowie FK1 mini-review.

/snip

Scrollwheel is not great...feels mushy and at the same time the notches are too far apart so scrolling smoothly is hard. Much prefer the scrollwheel on the G403.
You played relatively okay for a player with a new mouse. It is going to take you more or less 2 weeks, about 20 or so hours to get comfortable and confident with it.

That Valwf dude sounds like a ****.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
I was hoping to see a good deal on the Logitech’s. From my perspective, the only mice worth getting now are the G703 (which replaced the G403), G Pro (latest), Zowie S1 or FK1. I am not yet sold on the new Glorious or upcoming Cooler Master until it experienced at least 6 months in the market.

Then I also wanted to purchase a Takstar Pro 82 which I can carry around. It is better than the HyperX Cloud II’s and is cheaper than close to all other headsets which are based on it. The Cooler Master MH752 is also essentially a rebranded Takstar Pro 82, but apparently, they lowered the build quality in order to lower the price.

Once my current G403 gives in then I am going Zowie S1 Divina. The S is an FK, but shorter and a little bit taller which will suit my hybrid’ish palm grip. The S is basically a modded FK1+ with a 3360.
The G703 was $50 but I missed that deal, will have to wait for Black Friday.

shel0319

Iv'e been looking at a G703 to replace my EC2-B and noticed there is a new version coming this month, as soon as it releases there should be some really good deals on the previous (12k dpi) version.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Iv'e been looking at a G703 to replace my EC2-B and noticed there is a new version coming this month, as soon as it releases there should be some really good deals on the previous (12k dpi) version.
Logitech is trying to go 100% proprietary. I wouldn't be surprised to see them license some mice switch, like having Romer-G mice switches in partnership with some switch maker like they already have with Omron. It makes sense to incorporate the HERO on this scale, ignoring the advantages it gives to wireless pointing devices they do take 'ownership'.

Some people like the 3366 tracking (or accuracy to be precise) more than the HERO, and Logitech claims the HERO to be 3-4 x times more accurate than the 3310 and on par with the 3366. To be picking on the 3310 you need to have some OCD.

In the end, when using a wired mouse, 3310 is, in my opinion, the baseline come to competitive play. You don’t need any better than a 3310. Wireless, well, you need a HERO.

TrueMove3, Owl Eye are all based on the 3360 IIRC. and the 3366 is a minor improvement over the 3360 and 3389 is again a whole other class. Not going into too much detail, but the improvements entail improved incremental DPI steps, improved IPS/polling/tracking speeds. When you have a good pad to track on, then there is no need to go over and above a 3310. 3360 is mostly the norm today.

I have only mentioned PMW’s, older Logitech’s still use the ADNS sensors and other like Razer use PMW which are all good switches, the 3095 have some inaccuracies when you track at higher speeds.

The HERO is based on the Mercury. The Mercury is still used in the G102/G203.

Anyhow. No person can bitch when he/she is using a 3310 unless he/she is tracking on something inadequate.

There will be people who would still want a G703 with a 3366 even though the HERO will mean less charging. The question is whether Logitech will continue to sell current G703 and brand the new model as the G703 HERO. Scratch that, see they will only keep the HERO, but I see the G403 is now only available with the HERO (and, cough, new switches).