Current and reliable ecommerce stats

Electrra

Does anyone know where I can find reliable South African ecommerce stats (that are not more than 2 years old)?

e.g.
How many South Africans shop online?
How much are they spending? What are they spending money on?

Just the basics really.

Electrra

wow. i never thought of that. pro tip. thanks.

Seriously though, there does not seem to be information which is younger than 2005.
Even an off line lead would be useful.

Electrra

thanks
I was looking for something along the lines of "South Africans spent R514-million on internet shopping in 2005, 20% more than in 2004, according to tech-watchers World Wide Worx ... and this excludes the R1.8-billion online airline sales contributed to domestic e-commerce in 2005."
Been to the World Wide Worx site and they offer the research for 2009 at the delicious price tag of R10 000. I was hoping the information from the 2008 or even 2007 report may already be in the public domain.

There is also the MasterCard survey http://www.southafrica.info/news/business/141975.htm
but the sample size is small and the research is tainted by the fact that it was conducted by the credit card company with questions about using a credit card (i.e I don't have the sample questions to decide if it was a reliable questionaire).

Anyone else with suggestions?

Lightscribe

Banned
Google this: South African internet shopping research

Lot's of recent info...

80% of SA's net users shop online - SouthAfrica.info
4 Jun 2009 ... Eighty percent of South Africa's internet users shop online, ... that they planned their shopping in advance and conducted research on their ...