Currie Cup 2013

Mister 44

Executive Member
If any one is interested, I created a pool for us on Superbru. Guess most of you also belong to other pools, so we won't be starting from scratch.
Come join my Currie Cup prediction game on SuperBru! It's free and loads of fun. Just click here:

http://www.superbru.com/curriecup/pool.php?p=11134481
Pool name: MyBB CC

Pool code: ginsfret
Only just saw this, but count me in. Haven't had the worst of seasons. Thus far.

DJ...

Banned
That first try by province was brilliant. Too many errors in this game so far though to really get into it...

DJ...

Banned
Phew. Epic defence in the last few minutes there by the Sharks. Well done, boys...

APoc184

Honorary Master
Good win by the Sharks. Good to see Zeilinga having a blinder. Remember seeing him the first time playing for Glenwood.

Sharks bit lucky not to concede more penalties with that scrum of theirs going back at the speed of light. They had no joy at the set pieces tonight.

Breakdowns were good. Almost always first to the ball.

DJ...

Banned
Lineouts and scrums were atrocious.

Zeilinga was great but again, his goal kicking leaves a lot to be desired...

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
If Cooper and Hadebe keep having these shockers, something drastic needs to be done. Nothing worse than someone useless getting multiple chances week in and week out.

ABCpt

Expert Member
Congrats on the yellow cap.
Not a good weekend for me, prediction wise. Did not see that Bulls victory coming.
Well, I was hoping for a Griquas win, but did not see such a big Bulls victory. Their season has suddenly come alive.

Devill

Damned
Haha, I think I have received more SB points in the last two weeks than in all the previous weekends combined :eek:

Great win by the Sharks, the WP a tad lucky, and the Bulls wake up with two weekends left (too little too late imo).

APoc184

Honorary Master
A little bit of exclusive news for you guys.

Jason Jaftha (Lions vs Sharks) and Willie Roos (Cheetahs vs WP) have been suspended for 3 weeks after their games last weekend. I'm still trying to find out what the exact reasons are.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Wut?! Refs can be suspended?

Is it a local thing or can tools like Poite also get suspended?

APoc184

Honorary Master
Wut?! Refs can be suspended?

Is it a local thing or can tools like Poite also get suspended?
I know SA Refs have procedures and their games are scrutinized internally every week. This is however the first time I have heard of them being suspended. I'm sure it has happened before but it just never got out into the public domain. I am lucky enough to know a few refs myself and two of them confirmed the suspensions to me.

IRB probably have a similar system in place. Obviously it is not working because Poite is still reffing. As did Bryce Lawrence after his fiasco.