Cyberpunk Xbox/PS

encrypted

So cyberpunk 2077 comes out in April next year.

From what I can tell Xbox 2 and PS5 come out AFTER the game.

So I have to buy an xbox one x between now and then because it has the best graphics ? is that right ?

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
So cyberpunk 2077 comes out in April next year.

From what I can tell Xbox 2 and PS5 come out AFTER the game.

So I have to buy an xbox one x between now and then because it has the best graphics ? is that right ?
As mentioned, PC will be the leading platform as usual.

That said, the Xbox One X is currently R5999 in most stores and is excellent value when paired with the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Other than a few outliers like Cyberpunk, you'll be all set with a huge selection of excellent games. Much cheaper than going the PlayStation route.

encrypted

As mentioned, PC will be the leading platform as usual.

That said, the Xbox One X is currently R5999 in most stores and is excellent value when paired with the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Other than a few outliers like Cyberpunk, you'll be all set with a huge selection of excellent games. Much cheaper than going the PlayStation route.

And the Xbox One X is the best GFX wise (till xbox two/ps5)? I am still bitter about owning an xbox 360, but obviously if I have to buy something a few months before the next one comes out it may as well be the best I can get at the time.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
And the Xbox One X is the best GFX wise (till xbox two/ps5)? I am still bitter about owning an xbox 360, but obviously if I have to buy something a few months before the next one comes out it may as well be the best I can get at the time.

I wouldn't go chasing graphics as the only consideration. PS4 Pro doesn't have a problem with visual fidelity.

If you really want to play PS4 exclusives like Uncharted, Spiderman, The Last of Us, God of War, Horizon etc. then it's not a question of which console to get.

I bought a PS4 Pro to play Red Dead Redemption 2, with the assumption that the exclusives would also be epic, and tbh that didn't really turn out to be the case. Horizon: Zero Dawn was the only exclusive I enjoyed a lot. Even God of War was seriously fatiguing much of the time.

If I was doing it again I'd probably go with Xbox One X. A few exclusives doesn't stack up against the insane value of the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for my needs. Especially given the bulls**t cost of PlayStation Plus.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
If I was doing it again I'd probably go with Xbox One X. A few exclusives doesn't stack up against the insane value of the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for my needs. Especially given the bulls**t cost of PlayStation Plus.

Xbox Game Pass for Console = ‪Microsoft Corporation‬

R159,00/month
1561530796788.png

PSN
3 months = R349 (R116.33/month)
1561530909716.png
I paid R630 at the beginning of June (raru special)

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Xbox Game Pass for Console = ‪Microsoft Corporation‬

R159,00/month
View attachment 676755

PSN
3 months = R349 (R116.33/month)
View attachment 676757

*Game Pass Ultimate

You looked up the wrong sub.

R200pm for both Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass is where the value is. And you can buy up to 3 years of Xbox Live Gold and have it converted to Ultimate when you take out an Ultimate subscription.

ponder

Honorary Master
PC is not an option (it draws too much power). So I need the second best option.

Erm, you are not going to notice a difference in your power bill. The cost difference per month is less than a beer at the pub...

XBox One X 175W, 3hrs use per day at R2 kWh=R32 per month
Ryzen2600+rtx2060 300W, 3hrs use per day at R2 kWh=R55 per month

That's a R23 price difference a month, now take into consideration subscription fees & game prices.

encrypted

Erm, you are not going to notice a difference in your power bill. The cost difference per month is less than a beer at the pub...

XBox One X 175W, 3hrs use per day at R2 kWh=R32 per month
Ryzen2600+rtx2060 300W, 3hrs use per day at R2 kWh=R55 per month

That's a R23 price difference a month, now take into consideration subscription fees & game prices.

It's not the power bill, it's the production. I stay on a sailboat so the idea is to keep power usage to a minimum to avoid generator/engine time.

That game pass ultimate looks pretty sweet since my kid has windows and loves minecraft.

ponder

Honorary Master
It's not the power bill, it's the production. I stay on a sailboat so the idea is to keep power usage to a minimum to avoid generator/engine time.

Ah ok, fully understood as I watch two youtube sailing channels. First world problems :laugh: