DA: SA is going backwards

Every single Nazional Party member I used to know is now a member of the DA. And most of the former Conservative Party members as well.

The DA has become the new NP - a party for the privileged, fighting not for justice or equality, but to maintain privilege for the few.

I think you knew NO-one and still know Fsuckall
 
Like black people aren't racist. Like black people don't drive 4x4's. Holy @#%#. Do you wear bullet-proof blinkers or something?

Our government makes such blatantly racist comments sometimes you couldn't miss it if you were blind, deaf and dead ... but somehow this all passes you by. Stop talking about racism, the DA, the NP and whoever else ... did you even bother to read past the first paragraph of that bulletin that I posted.

I don't care who belongs in what party ... I don't give a sh@# who's racist and who's not ... the point that article and I was trying to make is that things are NOT better, things ARE NOT going to get better anytime soon ... and the people who should be doing things about it ARE NOT!!! Instead ... travel costs for the people in our government (who is 70% ANC!!!) have gone up 23% ... and Miss Manto ... who the churches are now praying for - Lord only knows why when they should be praying for the country's population ... spent more that R100 000 of taxpayer's money to place ads in the newspapers to tell everybody that she's being unfairly prosecuted.

Open your eyes ...!!!
 
When I say every single Nazional Party member I used to know is now a DA, I refer to people I know personally. And I stand by that statement 100%.

The DA has virtually been hi-jacked by the Nats and a lot of ex-CPs. To highlight one or two promiment Nats who joined the ANC is missing the point. The vast majority of ex-Nazi-ional Party members joined the DA.

[.... snipped .....]

Of course there are exceptions, but they are a small minority. White racism in this country is alive and flourishing in the suburbs - even more so than 15 years ago.

And this is bad in what way ? Just 'cos I Support the DA doesnt make me an 'racist apartheid stereotype', I support them 'cos the ANC needs to be kept in check.

The foundation of a Democracy is 'Opposition'. without an opposition its called Communism.

The "Racist" and "Apartheid" excuses are getting thin on the ground, remember the story of the boy who cried Wolf?
 
The vast majority of ex-Nazi-ional Party members joined the DA. The same people, the same racism, only a different party. Obviously they can't propagate Apartheid any more, but their attitudes haven't changed one little bit.

I live in a white community. I attend their braais and their barbeques regularly. Because I am also white, they accept I am also a racist, so they're not scared to talk. With their 4x4s gleaming in the moonlight and their overfed beer bellies attesting to years of gluttony, their beligerence and vitriol grow as the evening progresses and the alcohol starts to have an affect....


Rofl... Firstly, where are you REALLY writing from... cause, we dont have barbeques. 4x4's gleaming in the moonlight... lollies...

If you want to pin racism on a party.. do it on AWB or maybe Vryheids Front. DA has many black members, and has done more for black people than their own people have. Look at hellen zille fightning the good fight in cape town.

This country would be 100 times better off with DA in charge. I really believe that. The ANC has proven how useless, incompetent and corrupt it can be time and time again.
 
White racism in this country is alive and flourishing in the suburbs - even more so than 15 years ago.

Black racism in this country is alive and flourishing in parliament and government - even more so than 15 years ago. :cool:
 
When I say every single Nazional Party member I used to know is now a DA, I refer to people I know personally. And I stand by that statement 100%.
That Nazi- stuff is, like, so mature. Really adds to the substance of the debate. Thanks.

I live in a white community. I attend their braais and their barbeques regularly. Because I am also white, they accept I am also a racist, so they're not scared to talk. With their 4x4s gleaming in the moonlight and their overfed beer bellies attesting to years of gluttony, their beligerence and vitriol grow as the evening progresses and the alcohol starts to have an affect...

Of course there are exceptions, but they are a small minority. White racism in this country is alive and flourishing in the suburbs - even more so than 15 years ago.
You are certainly entitled to invoke personal anecdotal evidence (and to be fair, I've seen behaviour such as you describe) but it is a bit much to tar the entire white population with the same brush. Maybe you should start hanging out with a nicer set of people?

Something that occurs to me is that South Africans just *really* don't like each other that much.
 
For sure ... cos the last time I was at a braai ... my car was rusting in the moonlight ... and it wasn't a 4x4 either ...

True: and no one population group has a monopoly on 4x4s, or `overfed beer bellies' for that matter :D

(Or foul racist attitudes)
 
Uh, it is the oppositions job the point out the flaws/lies in the current ruling parties efforts. And thats irrespective of whether the @ss is black/white/green. Democracy and all that...
 
Every thread here is always about black/white, racism, corruption, crime, AA, BEE, BEEE, or somebody chirping leaving the country. SA is such a negative place, why are there never threads like:

Whats going down in Johannesburg tonight, or
I am going for a holiday to the western cape, any places I should see. or
I love South Africa, or
nice places to eat out in Durban...

I am getting to the stage now where I should rather not come here anymore, and just live the good life amongst my sheep, green grass and absolute safety.. Wipe off SA as a bad memory.... One thing is for sure though, SA is not a boring place...
 
Every thread here is always about black/white, racism, corruption, crime, AA, BEE, BEEE, or somebody chirping leaving the country. SA is such a negative place, why are there never threads like:

Whats going down in Johannesburg tonight, or
I am going for a holiday to the western cape, any places I should see. or
I love South Africa, or
nice places to eat out in Durban...

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=88925 :D
 
Thats because this topic group is about news and current events ... and there isn't a lot of good news in SA lately ...

If you want to be positive .... well ... it seems summer might be back ;)
 
MacNabs, maybe try the ANC newsletter for something positive. Those okes will be positive after a nuke hit JHB CBD.
 
MacNabs, maybe try the ANC newsletter for something positive. Those okes will be positive after a nuke hit JHB CBD.

Well, they have been wanting to level some buildings around the library for a while now - there's your positive spin! :D
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X