Decent internet in Port Edward

rlegge

Hi All,

Does anyone now if there is a WISP, or a way do get decent internet in Port Edward? All the LTE coverage is coming back as very low.

Many Thanks
Richard

ronnie_94

Hi All,

Does anyone now if there is a WISP, or a way do get decent internet in Port Edward? All the LTE coverage is coming back as very low.

Many Thanks
Richard
I see Rain's LTE coverage is also not available in Port Edward and stops in Margate.

Just checked the Telkom coverage and I see they only allow 3g and 2g in Port Edward. You can always try and message @TelkomZA to see what they have planned for the future in Port Edward and get in contact with Rain to see what their future plans are. Other than that I think you're stuck, make a move to Ramsgate or Margate :sneaky:.

TowerGuru

Expert Member
Hi All,

Many Thanks
Richard

Three new towers are coming to Port Edward over the next 12 months. The first one will be going up in about 9 months, the other two in about 12 months. So your coverage will improve. For now stick with a prepaid deal, don't sign a contract yet.

ronnie_94

Three new towers are coming to Port Edward over the next 12 months. The first one will be going up in about 9 months, the other two in about 12 months. So your coverage will improve. For now stick with a prepaid deal, don't sign a contract yet.
Should have thought about asking you, thanks for clarifying.

rlegge

Will this be standard towers from the main carriers? Id assume that will mean LTE will improve significantly..

TowerGuru

Expert Member
Will this be standard towers from the main carriers? Id assume that will mean LTE will improve significantly..
i am not at liberty to say who but yes LTE will have a marked improvement.

Executor

i am not at liberty to say who but yes LTE will have a marked improvement.

I hear from a Vodacom supplier that there is talk of installing a disk the size of a dinner plate on your property which will beam up to a tower and which will give you very high speeds. This is the plan he says for areas where fibre us not an option.
???

TowerGuru

Expert Member
I hear from a Vodacom supplier that there is talk of installing a disk the size of a dinner plate on your property which will beam up to a tower and which will give you very high speeds. This is the plan he says for areas where fibre us not an option.
???
PTP MW are expensive. Its mostly only used by businesses. highly doubt prices will come down enough for consumer level.

FF1024

Telkom LTE is quite nice and stable, decent speed tests at about 30 mb/s.
LTE for the other networks have also definitely picked up.
Hopefully Rain will do something there before Dec 2019.
It would be nice to have something like rain that you could activate uncapped for the month when going to your holiday home.

Vondutch

Hi Everyone just wanting to know what the latest info is regarding LTE coverage in Port Edward and its reliability there.
Is LTE still stable?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Hi Everyone just wanting to know what the latest info is regarding LTE coverage in Port Edward and its reliability there.
Is LTE still stable?

Has coverage R999 true uncapped

Vondutch

Thanks @Gtx Gaming I take it that you live in Port Edward and that you have reliable coverage. I might be moving down that side for work so need reliable internet connection

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Thanks @Gtx Gaming I take it that you live in Port Edward and that you have reliable coverage. I might be moving down that side for work so need reliable internet connection
No I don't but I do use supersonic where I live and there network is pretty much best in sa.

Jofnin

Hi @TowerGuru , do you know if all 3 towers have been installed yet? Any suggestions on which network provider to go with?
I have tested on MTN, Telkom and Vodacom and not getting ideal results where we live.
Any advice would be appreciated. Should I be looking at Rain? And or getting a signal booster?

Crumbl0x

Hi @TowerGuru , do you know if all 3 towers have been installed yet? Any suggestions on which network provider to go with?
I have tested on MTN, Telkom and Vodacom and not getting ideal results where we live.
Any advice would be appreciated. Should I be looking at Rain? And or getting a signal booster?
Sure, you can always give Rain a try since it's easy to cancel immediately, but just take note how many towers are around your area and estimate how many people who are more inclined to be tech-savvy would be around you. If there's only one or two and it's congested, it's not worth continuing, but if there's a couple more, you can pick up a Poynting directional antenna and try getting a higher end Huawei router after some tests to connect to a further, less congested tower on a hopeful Band 38, then it should be a good deal for you.