Developers and other roles available in Dublin

MielieSpoor

Expert Member
Hello,

If you are interested in moving to Dublin, Ireland please have a look here. You can also contact me and I can provide some more information. What is of more 'critical' need is some C# and iOS developers, but there are about 20+ positions open.

http://www.verizon.com/about/work/s...elogis+OR+fleetmatics+OR+Skyward+OR+VZConnect

Positions are open at Verizon Connect in Dublin. You will receive a sponsored Critical Skills Work Permit so don't worry about those things. I can put you in direct contact if need be.

Let me know!

MielieSpoor

Expert Member
What's the weather like?

Irish.

It is something you will get used to very quickly. It doesn't get as cold as most places in South Africa. Minimum temperatures go to about 0/1. Max in the winter anything between 3/4 and about 10. Summer you can get daytime temps up to 20 - sometimes slightly more.

It rains a lot, but it is a soft rain, and if you have a proper jacket - which you will have, it is not something to worry about.

The main thing is the work - will you do it or like. Ireland is very laid back.

c10n3d_0r6

Thanks for posting this here for everyone to see. Could you perhaps provide some more information about the work and generally how life there is?

I think there’s a lot of South Africans who would consider something like this. Ireland has a lot going for it: English, similar time zone to SA, close to mainland Europe for travelling and visa-free travel for family members to visit. But having said that, it’s still a foreign country which makes a lot of people nervous because of all the unknowns and culture differences.

MielieSpoor

Expert Member
We are in the process of breaking a monolith down into microservices using Command and Query Responsibility Segregation (CQRS) pattern | CQRS Architecture-Style and also moving into AWS. C# front-end and back-end development and also teams focusing on native mobile development, so we have iOS and Java developers also. We have dedicated UX teams, but I must also say that the squads are cross-functional. That means that as part of one squad, you will have a BA, C# devs, UX, QA Automation, mobile devs and a build engineer.

In general the Irish are a lot more laidback compared to South Africa. The Irish also take life a lot less serious than most other nations around the world. Life will be what you make of it at the end of the day. There are different customs and food tastes different over here, so accept that before the time. Life is however less stressful as most of the daily stresses from South Africa like crime BEE etc etc simply does not exist over here. Ireland is not perfect, but so is no other country in the world, but Ireland does have a lot going for it.

The recruiter I used to move over and find my current position will be in South Africa in the coming weeks. Have a look -> http://zartis.com/we-are-coming-south-africa/

Last edited:

Messugga

Honorary Master
You're about a year to a year and a half early for me. Making the move before end of 2020.

Drone 42

Are they only looking for developers?

I see some security roles also on the verizon website that I might be interested in.

MielieSpoor

Expert Member
Are they only looking for developers?

I see some security roles also on the verizon website that I might be interested in.

Have a look at the link I posted. The link I posted is for Verizon Connect in Dublin for whom I work. If you clear the Ireland tickbox you will see roles advertised within the whole of Verizon but can't say anything or help with that as I work for Verizon Connect and not Verizon Wireless (our parent company). Different countries has got different requirements when it comes to visa's/work permits. I live and work in Dublin Ireland so I can only help with that. You are free to apply for any position on the Verizon site.

We as Verizon Connect has got offices in Ireland, New Zealand, Italy and USA but I don't know what the requirements are at the other offices.

Drone 42

Have a look at the link I posted. The link I posted is for Verizon Connect in Dublin for whom I work. If you clear the Ireland tickbox you will see roles advertised within the whole of Verizon but can't say anything or help with that as I work for Verizon Connect and not Verizon Wireless (our parent company). Different countries has got different requirements when it comes to visa's/work permits. I live and work in Dublin Ireland so I can only help with that. You are free to apply for any position on the Verizon site.

We as Verizon Connect has got offices in Ireland, New Zealand, Italy and USA but I don't know what the requirements are at the other offices.

Cool, thanks for the info. The job I looked at on the link you provided was also in Dublin Ireland, I just changed the search field to security. So not sure if it is then with Verizon Connect.

MielieSpoor

Expert Member
Cool, thanks for the info. The job I looked at on the link you provided was also in Dublin Ireland, I just changed the search field to security. So not sure if it is then with Verizon Connect.
Could be. I know there was a security position open at some point. Verizon Connect has got between 2000 - 3000 employees with about 300 in Ireland.

Oath also got a decent sized office in Dublin. Oath is the umbrella company for Yahoo, AOL and various others.

Don't let this distract you though. If you are interested and want to apply, go for it! Those who don't try won't succeed!

Dan C

Honorary Master
Nice city. My brother worked there for 2 years and loved it. I visited way back and still missing the fresh Guinness :)

Kosmik

Honorary Master
To be young and free. Worth considering for singles.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
:wtf: why only singles? Anyone can make such a move.

If I were single, I would've applied already. But I'm not, and I need to consider the wife's feelings. Maybe that's what this person is referring to.

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
Hello,

If you are interested in moving to Dublin, Ireland please have a look here. You can also contact me and I can provide some more information. What is of more 'critical' need is some C# and iOS developers, but there are about 20+ positions open.

http://www.verizon.com/about/work/s...elogis+OR+fleetmatics+OR+Skyward+OR+VZConnect

Positions are open at Verizon Connect in Dublin. You will receive a sponsored Critical Skills Work Permit so don't worry about those things. I can put you in direct contact if need be.

Let me know!

How are we looking for full stack Node/GraphQL/React/React Native/MongoDB devs?

... or Java, if I must ;-)

MielieSpoor

Expert Member
If I were single, I would've applied already. But I'm not, and I need to consider the wife's feelings. Maybe that's what this person is referring to.

But that is your choice. Many, many families move to other countries - including myself. It's all about the choice you make.

MielieSpoor

Expert Member
How are we looking for full stack Node/GraphQL/React/React Native/MongoDB devs?

... or Java, if I must ;-)

We are mostly a .Net shop with some Android and iOS developers also. From a UI perspective we also have some nodejs devs for microsite development.