DirectAdmin Beta Testers Required - A cPanel Web Hosting Control Panel Replacement

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
Howdy MyBB Hosting Gurus.

I presume that most of you are now aware that cPanel is about to drop a bomb shell on the hosting industry and as a result you'll be subjected to pricing increases - unless your hosting provider has purchased licenses in advance or is one of a few that has lifetime licences or are they completely in the dark :) .

If you arent aware of the price changes then you aren't entirely at fault as cPanel has done little to notify its clients and there been little in the media about the matter.

thanks to Dave from Domains for posting about cPanel's "announcement"

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/absurd-cpanel-license-price-increase.1034895/

In preparation for a potential migration from cPanel to DirectAdmin we have setup a new server and are almost ready to give it a beta test though real world usage would prove a lot more valuable along with insight from others.

If you're interested in participating in a 1 - 2 month trial of DirectAdmin in exchange for some feedback or may simply be interested to see what DirecAdmin is about.. then leave a comment below and within the next day or two I'll post further details and PM each of you.

At the end of the trial you'll be able to continue using the services and we'll provide you with a 20% discount coupon or simply leave the services to expire and we'll terminate the accounts for you.

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Should we have a domain already, if we want to take part in your testing?

We had a look an decided it's not worth it yet for us to move over to DA, but I would like to test it some more.

ld13

Honorary Master
/me raises hand - willing to test/put some micro load on the server

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
Should we have a domain already, if we want to take part in your testing?

We had a look an decided it's not worth it yet for us to move over to DA, but I would like to test it some more.
You would need a domain to test with but wouldnt have to transfer it to us nor point the a records to our servers, but rather create a new a new A record on your existing domain such as directadmintest.mydomain and point that to our servers.

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I expect to have this beta testing up and running towards the end of the day and will reach out to all of you individually as well as updating the thread.

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
Apologies for the delay in responding, busy ironing out an integration issue with whmcs and directadmin.

As soon as this has been resolved I'll be in touch :thumbsup:

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
I'm actually excited for this. Always love a good underdog story.
Yeah same - have to say that directadmin has been a pleasure to play with. The interface provides simpler but more powerful control in comparison to cpanel / whm

Thor

Honorary Master
Sign me up :)

PS: do you have servers in the UK perhaps?

#IstillLoveDomains4Life

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
Yeah there is, busy creating new packages and some basic guides.

Will definitely be handing out more details this afternoon

Thanks to all for all of the patience

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
Glad to announce that PM's are being sent out to all interested parties to test drive our DirectAdmin End User packages (Reseller hosting will be added soon).

Comment or PM me if you want to participate in the beta

:sneaky::thumbsup: