Disappearing data - Vodacom apologises

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator

Several MyBroadband readers recently reported that the expiry date of their data was not in alignment with Vodacom’s 2-month policy on certain contracts.

This meant that data which was meant to have carried over was no longer reflected in their accounts, and their new data was said to be expiring in just one month.

marine1

Honorary Master
Here we go again. No sympathy for these clients they should know better than to be with VC. A fool and his money...

RedViking

Nord of the South
Here we go again. No sympathy for these clients they should know better than to be with VC. A fool and his money...
Are you saying it doesn't happen to other Service providers and Vodacom are the only ones? Which SP would you suggest?

Joseph matane

Vodacom support services especially call center agents and their back office have excellent service

geezer

Expert Member
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
Guess who most probably works for Vodacom?:unsure:

Daruk

Honorary Master
Telkom - VC roaming issues
Cell C - They have troubles
MTN - seems just as bad as VC, at least VC don't spam me to death and gone like MTN does.

Where now?
Telkom. Don't buy cheap Telkom only data.
/Problems

T-Man

Several MyBroadband readers recently reported that the expiry date of their data was not in alignment with Vodacom’s 2-month policy on certain contracts.

This meant that data which was meant to have carried over was no longer reflected in their accounts, and their new data was said to be expiring in just one month.
In the mean time they are still taking data off the wrong bundle.

garyc

Expert Member
Have prepaid data with both Telkom and Vodacom. Telkom automatically roll it over for two months. Vodacom expire the data in 30 days if additional data is not purchased during that period.

djlilalrsa

Had issues for years with Vodacom and this issue. They used to take the data then want me to pay for it with proof I had not used any of it. It got so bad at one point they illegally cancelled my contract and number destroying my business due to me not having the number. When I tried to get the number back, they attached contract monthly fees for time when the number was cancelled. After hours and hours of wasted time on the issue I gave up. Don't use Vodacom any more and they won't attempt to charge me again, I'm sure it's because they know they were wrong.

richjdavies

Telkom. Don't buy cheap Telkom only data.
/Problems
Or go outside of a major metro where they rely on Vodacom 2G, which doesn't work... And don't expect to receive calls first time... And probably some.other stuff.

Telkom DOES NOT work anymore...

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Vodacom is just plain useless, bought a 5gig bundle beginning of the month, get a notification I can buy another 2 for cheep-cheep.
Big mistake tho, now I get notified every day that I don't have any active bundles despite app showing I have more than enough.
Pats Vodacom on the head, there, there, maybe one day you'll get it right ok.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Or go outside of a major metro where they rely on Vodacom 2G, which doesn't work... And don't expect to receive calls first time... And probably some.other stuff.

Telkom DOES NOT work anymore...
Never experienced that.

richjdavies

Never experienced that.
How would you know... it would look like you're connected, but just wouldn't work.
Try calling a Telkom number and you'll see that a good proportion of the time it will say "this number does not exist", then if you call again immediately it works.

2G roaming does not work (which if the only coverage you get in most of the country!) - next time you go for a drive, have a look... you might be surprised that you'll suddently get all your whatsapps at one time (once you get back to a Telkom-R/SA tower)

Daruk

Honorary Master
How would you know... it would look like you're connected, but just wouldn't work.
Try calling a Telkom number and you'll see that a good proportion of the time it will say "this number does not exist", then if you call again immediately it works.

2G roaming does not work (which if the only coverage you get in most of the country!) - next time you go for a drive, have a look... you might be surprised that you'll suddently get all your whatsapps at one time (once you get back to a Telkom-R/SA tower)
Im saying that I generally have data when I use it. I've never experienced that.