Discovery Bank

d0b33

Honorary Master
Can you not just upgrade on the app? I upgraded to black for lounge visits - took like 1 min and got a call later to schedule the card delivery.
No, I called, and then asked why on twitter and they told me it's because I'm on a Gold transactional account.

Response with spelling mistakes included:

Screenshot 2021-09-10 at 08.51.29.png

binloud

No, I called, and then asked why on twitter and they told me it's because I'm on a Gold transactional account.

Response with spelling mistakes included:

View attachment 1144670
Ah yeah sorry probably need to do a credit check etc. I find them very risk averse when it comes to giving out credit. I would just call them, its pretty quick generally.

riddler

Apologies if this has been asked before: Is there any easy way to upgrade from just credit card account to full bank suite? I'm thinking the additional 10% on the 15th will offset the extra cost for the suite option

3WA

Honorary Master
Apologies if this has been asked before: Is there any easy way to upgrade from just credit card account to full bank suite? I'm thinking the additional 10% on the 15th will offset the extra cost for the suite option

Option is on the app - I did it but can’t remember exactly how. Try “Accounts” and then the three dots in the top right corner.

riddler

Option is on the app - I did it but can’t remember exactly how. Try “Accounts” and then the three dots in the top right corner.
Thanks! I see that now on the app. So I can just add a transaction account, and it would automatically adjust my pricing to full bank suite? Seems too easy for anything discovery related ;)

3WA

Honorary Master
Thanks! I see that now on the app. So I can just add a transaction account, and it would automatically adjust my pricing to full bank suite? Seems too easy for anything discovery related ;)

I think you have to select full suite. Adding just a transactional account might give you a pay-as-you-transact account.

Charlesjjm

Why does Discovery Bank feel that it is necessary to inform me 3 times about every transaction?
Sms, email and now in-app notifications. Is there any way to disable 2 of the 3 methods?

PotatoGuardian

Why does Discovery Bank feel that it is necessary to inform me 3 times about every transaction?
Sms, email and now in-app notifications. Is there any way to disable 2 of the 3 methods?
I got annoyed with the new app notifications and just disabled the badge notifications for the app on iPhone. As far as I know the functionality is also available on android

riddler

Anyone know the spend to miles conversion, and spend thresholds, for the different account types or where I can find this info? Thanks

d0b33

Honorary Master
Barely a month with them and I'm already disappointed. I was signed up for the transactional account instead of the suite, I requested to assist with the suite upgrade and no response or assistance for 2 days now. The option to add a credit card is greyed out. Also, the bank feeds don't work in 22seven or any bookkeeping suite and a fix is still in the works.

Slick branding and app but lacking trustworthiness and support.
Update:

I managed to finally get onto suite, a bit of back and forth, but got a good support guy who followed up and sorted it out. I just now am unable to activate the card delivered as it's not the right card!

Koosvanwyk

I wonder when this is being rolled out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210919-081224_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919-081224_Drive.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 88