Discoverys new Chronic re-order policy

Kosmik

Honorary Master
WTF is up with this?

Please note that there is a limit to the number of times you can claim for medicine in a year. You can only order chronic medicine 12 times in a 12-month period.

MedXpress sends a reminder to members who use their service to reorder their chronic medicine 27 days after receiving their order. This is to make sure that members in outlying areas get their medicine without any interruption in their treatment.

Please order your medicine once a month or when you only have enough medicine left to cover you until the next delivery date. If you order every 27 days, you might order more than 12 times in a 12-month period. If this happens, we will reject the claim.

Considering the system only allows you to order your medicine ever so often and only as per your scripts, whats with this stupidity? You can never over receive your medication and whether the order is slightly early or late has NO ACTUAL bearing on the total cost BESIDES the fact that some bureaucrat doesn't want their accounting figures fudged. They never hear of provisioning in their accounting? I want to see the first case of them denying payment for a valid chronic medication claim on these grounds.

Marsie27

Yes, I had this just over a month ago. We were leaving on an overseas trip on a Tuesday, so I tried to place the order on the website the previous Friday, which was after the 23 days before you can order, but 12 days short of when I had logged a script a year ago. No go, so I phoned to ask, and got this same story. This despite the fact that we had already phoned them to check our cover while overseas, and they had a note on their system to that effect. The supervisor had to authorise the "early" order, and said the earliest the script could be filled was the Monday. To his credit, the consultant who took my call was very helpful, and said he would phone on the Monday to check that I had been able to place the order, and did so at 8.30.
So I guess the answer is not to plan any travel arrangements close to when your MedXpress order is due, especially if it is the final repeat for that script....

Last edited: