Do I pull this or screw it?

maumau

Honorary Master
Wow, your lounge fixed broken electronics? Can you send pin? I wanna bring some old devices to this magical place.

Nooooo, I moved the bedroom TV to the lounge and it's working there. The other one still isn't working - but you knew that :D

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
DON'T to that to an optical cable. It's keyed, twisting it might damage the socket or connector.
Don't do that to a cork in a wine bottle either.

Champers maybe, but that's not how corkscrews work.

genetic

Honorary Master
Digital outputs have been around for about 20 years. It can also be referred to as toslink.

Digital outputs (optical and coax) were invented with the CD, which was in the early 80's, so that's around 40 years old now. They're pretty much an obsolete standard these days.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Nooooo, I moved the bedroom TV to the lounge and it's working there. The other one still isn't working - but you knew that :D
The way you say "you knew that" makes it sound like I'm the one who broke it. And I have problems counting to two. All I saw was TV broken, then cable unplugged, then TV working. #readingcomprehensionisgud

maumau

Honorary Master
Thats a fibre optical.dont pull it circular. Just tug it. Check if they have a clip but normally just tug it.

Basically it sends the digital audio to your amp.

Thank you, that's what I was scared of because I wasn't sure whether to screw it or not. It was pretty tight but once I was sure it just need to be pulled out I used more force and viola (as they say ) :D:ROFL:

The TV couldn't be removed from the cabinet without unplugging all the cables.

maumau

Honorary Master
The way you say "you knew that" makes it sound like I'm the one who broke it. And I have problems counting to two. All I saw was TV broken, then cable unplugged, then TV working. #readingcomprehensionisgud

Hahaha one minute the TV was fine, next thing the screen was black :unsure:

After unplugging that cable the working TV could be removed from the cabinet and connected in the lounge.

There's a Samsung accredited repair centre in Bryanston, so I'll take the broken one there.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Hahaha one minute the TV was fine, next thing the screen was black :unsure:

After unplugging that cable the working TV could be removed from the cabinet and connected in the lounge.

There's a Samsung accredited repair centre in Bryanston, so I'll take the broken one there.
News just in: Maumau lives in/near Bryanston. Now I just need to figure out where @PoppieChoffel lives (for those amazing braais).

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Connected to the same decoder? DSTV?
Which model? Lots of issues with DSTV these days involving pic no sound, sound no pic, failed outputs on RF and optic even HDMI.
Might not even be the TV.

maumau

Honorary Master
"This is her courtroom. This, is Judge Judy."

That's right! :) it's on in the background Saturdays and Sundays, even when they broadcast repeats. Some of those cases are eye openers and the people :X3: OMW.

Last edited: