Do you click on ads to support the website?

Mimen

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2011
Messages
777
Reaction score
79
Location
Randpark Ridge
I support freedom of press and know it does not come for free. I often click on ads and have a quick squiz at the content to support my favourite websites like My Broadband, Daily Maverick, MG, news 24, EWN etc.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same view. However, I find monthly subscriptions very expensive, especially as I would like to subscribe to .

I wonder if it would be worth the while for news outlets to have a platform where you pay one subscription but have access to say 5 news outlets premium articles?

I think maybe this can be a POC and piloted for a month or so to see if it would be financially viable.
 
Nope, never click on ads.

I don't need an ad to tell me what I want or need.
 
I often click on ads
I would only click on an ad if it's something that interests me.
To contradict this: the ads displayed in my browser are only based on things I already searched for, therefore I never click on an ad, because it never interests me.
 
Nope, don't click on ads.


The only ads I will click on is the ones from google ads at the top of the search bar when I search for something.

I know what I want and don't want. If I want it I will go search for it.
 
I know what I want and don't want. If I want it I will go search for it.

Same with me. I don't think I've ever seen an ad that has make me buy something. Its like TV ads, does anyone actually see a product and then think I need to go out and buy this?
 
Last edited:
LoL freedom of press - They all have agendas. Either keeping the investors or paid for content people happy.

CNN = Counterfeit news network is an excellent example.
 
Its like TV ads, does anyone actually see a product and then think I need to go out and buy this?
Yip! Nando's... but as they reveal the price I change my mind. :ROFL:

On a more serious note: Yes! I know some people who actually do this - appliances, gadgets, fashion, accessories... all sorts of crap they don't need (or actually want for that matter).
 
I support freedom of press and know it does not come for free. I often click on ads and have a quick squiz at the content to support my favourite websites like My Broadband, Daily Maverick, MG, news 24, EWN etc.
AFAIK MyBB's revenue is generated by impressions not clicks.
 
I dont click on adds, but now and then when I am lucky to be the millionth visitor on a site and I therefore am eligible for $5 000 000, I definitely click on those.

Only problem is over the last 15 years, I clicked on thousands of these prizes that I won. Nothing came yet, but I am still positive. Probably it will be my retirement!
 
I support freedom of press and know it does not come for free. I often click on ads and have a quick squiz at the content to support my favourite websites like My Broadband, Daily Maverick, MG, news 24, EWN etc.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same view. However, I find monthly subscriptions very expensive, especially as I would like to subscribe to .

I wonder if it would be worth the while for news outlets to have a platform where you pay one subscription but have access to say 5 news outlets premium articles?

I think maybe this can be a POC and piloted for a month or so to see if it would be financially viable.
IMO if your news is really that good, people won't need to pay for it to access it as a premium content.
 
I do not block any ads I just never see them. It's as though they are auto-blocked by my eyeballs.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X