Do you find the discovery credit card useful?

Fern9do

Expert Member
I've been putting off this medical aid stuff at work for the last couple of months but now i have to fill it in.Ive decided on which plan to go with was just wondering if i should sign up for the credit card as well.
Do you find that card useful?

feo

Honorary Master
I've been putting off this medical aid stuff at work for the last couple of months but now i have to fill it in.Ive decided on which plan to go with was just wondering if i should sign up for the credit card as well.
We use ours a lot, trying to rack up all those Voyager miles. Also, we never actually use the "credit" part, just load money onto it each month and it's basically a debit card then. Essentially, Discovery are rewarding us with miles to pay for stuff using the card so it's all good.

Last edited:

Fern9do

Expert Member
What kind of fees(Yearly or whatever) do you pay to use the card?(HR guy didnt know when i asked him)

AR_GTR

Not gonna bother with one. Rewards programs are ALWAYS designed to look pretty but suck. What is vitality like these days, two hundred bucks or something, glad i dropped it.

Just the view of a 20 something guy, but hey if you got the money sign up.

Always wanted to buy meaningless items just so i can get a 3% discount on it :D

Last edited:

wcoetzee

Expert Member
have the vitality plan on top of that, can go to gym for free and allot of specials and free stuff depends on your vitality points but you have to use the credit card :(

Fern9do

Expert Member
Thanks for the advice...i think il give it a miss then. Not really the gymming health nut kinda guy.

Waaib

Executive Member
The card pricing will be on the internet - www.discovery.co.za

I use mine as the only card for all household expenses. You have to know the benefits and use the stores that give you discount to really score though.

Vitality is not really linked to the card as I see it. If you have no dependents on the scheme it is quite easy to get to gold level on vitality. Once there the discounts are really great (even on silver level they are pretty cool). Gyming is not the only way to get points etc. 40% discount on international flights, 35% on Sony and HP gear last time i checked. You can use any card to pay for your purchases. Checkout the vitality site for how to get benefits.

I reckon Vitality it is great IF you use it as much as possible.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
We use ours predominantly to shop at Pick and Pay. Because we are on the bronze level, we get 6% discount at Pick and Pay, they pay the money back into your account at month end. We make more than R200 back a month easily, so the value of the Vitality and any credit card charges are paid back in the first two months of the year... the rest is pure discount then.

Then secondly we rack up points on the Vitality mall when we make purchases. Those points are enough to buy a R600 birthday gift for each of the 3 kids every year (we get the ToysRUs Voucher for R600). The oldest is getting a bit older now so might have to get him something from the electronics section.

I have also bought three Microsoft Keyboards and one Microsoft LiveCam 6000 through the Vitality Mall... all using my points.

so, yes... it is worth it. :) .. and no.. I don't work for Discovery :p