• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Do you have a new Smart ID card?

Do you have a new Smart ID card?

• Yes

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 42 51.2%

• Total voters

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
What is the cost of this new ID? And what would the waiting time be in the average home affairs office? Hours or days?

What is the cost of this new ID? And what would the waiting time be in the average home affairs office? Hours or days?
R140. All depends on the branch and day. When I went to apply there were like 30 or so people in the application area but when I went to collect 13 days later there was handful over there.

Koosie

Yes, took met 15 minutes at FNB Menlyn Retail Park a year ago, waited 3 days and collected.

TheJman

Expert Member
Haven't got one yet - the thought process behind it - I'm not going to keep it in my wallet, it's another cost and time item to replace if my wallet is stolen or lost...

So not sure the benefit personally, but I understand why some people have got it, because of how often they need to use their ID - it's definitely a hack to walk around with the old style one

Wall

Sports Addict
Got a smart ID when my barcoded ID was damaged. Did this about a year ago

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
I don't even have an old ID. I misplaced my ID book some time during the last few months. I've managed to buy a house without any ID at all, just photocopies of my ID. :eek: