Do you have a new Smart ID card?

• Yes

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 42 51.2%

• Total voters

AdrianH

Expert Member
not open to foreigners.so still stuck with an old school ID book.
I'm not a foreigner, I'm an SA citizen born outside the country but treated like a 2nd class citizen as I am not offered same benefits as citizens born in the country.

Bruce_Wayne

Yes, R140 and pretty painless except for the aimless queuing, I eventually walked past the queue to info got my nr and the rest was done fairly quick. When I went to collect I again bypassed the queue where everybody just stands outside without moving.. and collected..
Had the kids passport done last month, if you go early and they have school uniform on they get preference so again managed to get to front quick, wife did her new ID app then, bout 2 wks ago, ready for collection since yesterday.. my experience was Paarl, the rest is Bellville..

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Opened my bank account at Standard Bank Century City yesterday, since they are the only branch in CT that does this and I'm with FNB.

After I get everything done, I'll just close the account again.

Not standing in those queues in Bellville....

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Yes. My ID book went through the wash and Capitec didn't take too kindly to it so I got a card. Took about an hour in central PE to apply and I collected a week later. I don't carry it on my though as I always have my driver's license and rarely need my id.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Yes....applied for it with my new passport. I am still traumatised from the experience at Home Affairs .... and this happened in the beginning of the year.

marine1

Honorary Master
Did mine at FNB was a breeze, not even 5 minutes
Went to Home Affairs with the chicks daughter, took 4 hours and we did the app online, never again

Sweevo

Honorary Master
No. I’m keeping my 25 year old ID as long as possible. If for no other reason than to remind myself I once had hair.

Cray

Honorary Master
No -have a pathological fear of Durban home affairs... Will take my chance at a Standard Bank when up in JHB next.