Votes: 150 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 118 44.0%

• Total voters

Aquadyne

Expert Member
Word...

Excellent value for money.

Gives you Access to everything at a reasonable price point.

Outlook couldn't be better.

Especially the 365 Home edition.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Yep. Got Office 365 Personal. Excellent value.

No Google Docs is still free and with Google adding more AI features it keeps getting better.
I think Google Docs is really far away from catching up. And compatibility is the biggest issue. I don't think I've ever seen Google Docs open an Office document correctly.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Yep. Got Office 365 Personal. Excellent value.

I think Google Docs is really far away from catching up. And compatibility is the biggest issue. I don't think I've ever seen Google Docs open an Office document correctly.
Mostly because MS OpenXML is not really open. Even an Office file will not necessarily look the same on another PC with the same version of Office installed.

Electron1

Expert Member
Wonder how many people have taken up the free offer at mahala.ms - just requires a child at a school, over 8 years old to register with their parents help.

murray654

LibreOffice. No subscription required. And Thunderbird for email.

Office 2013 and 2016 seem to be based on Metro type interface which is ***. So I avoid it.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
I rather bought a key for Office 2016 home and business for R1100, lifetime activation. No BS linking to and email account, just added the key and presto.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
There's no guarantee.
Outside of fonts and such which are user installed, the Office engine will render the document the same on all machines..

Assuming all fonts used are installed on both systems.

But that really isn't OpenXML or Microsoft's fault but just user failure.
100%... and the rendering engine will render the document the same way on all machines assuming that all the machines have the same version of Office and all the fonts and such installed by the user.