Do you own a smartwatch?

• Yes

Votes: 121 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 120 49.8%

• Total voters

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Only automatics (with one exception for a quartz gym watch).

crackersa

Honorary Master
Yes, Apple Watch series 3. Have never used the dick Tracy feature.

mercury12

Expert Member
Ive have been thinking about getting one, just need a device with a good heart rate monitor. Garmin Vivo sport or Fitbit Alta HR are the two devices I am considering.

eg2505

Honorary Master
dont really see the point of them if im honest,

expensive, easy to pick you out to be mugged (this is after all SA)
privacy, easy to snoop into and remote control and get location info from you

I dont really see the entire point of them TBH, Most people carry a Phone, and your Time is on that,
unless you used to a (old school) watch and just feel you need something that's like a watch but can do more.
then it might make sense I suppose,

especially if you use if for the momentum/discovery deals
did always wonder though, if they track your heart rate, what if you strapped it to your dog and let it run?
would you gain discovery points:D

at an impressive rate?

Mr G

I am also considering the Amazfit Bip. Where did you buy yours and how much did it cost?
Bought it from geekbuying.com, the watch alone was about R700 and I used the free postage option.

My mistake was to order just before chinese new year, so despatch was already delayed by a month. They air-freighted it via Netherland Post, so it arrived in SA within about a week, but was stuck at SAPO Jhb hub for over a month before even receiving a local tracking number, and then at the CPT hub for another 2 weeks. I'll rather use DHL next time, would still cost less than what takealot is currently charging

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
dont really see the point of them if im honest,

expensive, easy to pick you out to be mugged (this is after all SA)
privacy, easy to snoop into and remote control and get location info from you

I dont really see the entire point of them TBH, Most people carry a Phone, and your Time is on that,
unless you used to a (old school) watch and just feel you need something that's like a watch but can do more.
then it might make sense I suppose,

especially if you use if for the momentum/discovery deals
did always wonder though, if they track your heart rate, what if you strapped it to your dog and let it run?
would you gain discovery points:D

at an impressive rate?
Xiaomi Mi 2 Band = R200 (Import from Gearbest) so really cheap.

As for reason: Tells time without removing phone from pocket, vibrate when I get call/SMS/Whatsapp. I work in a factory env where I don't always hear the phone and sometime leave my phone on desk in office, so Bluetooth range helps with that. Does heart rate monitor for points.

Best is I don't need to remove it for shower and only charge it once a month.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Xiaomi Mi 2 Band = R200 (Import from Gearbest) so really cheap.

As for reason: Tells time without removing phone from pocket, vibrate when I get call/SMS/Whatsapp. I work in a factory env where I don't always hear the phone and sometime leave my phone on desk in office, so Bluetooth range helps with that. Does heart rate monitor for points.

Best is I don't need to remove it for shower and only charge it once a month.
Looks and sounds similar to the B-Fit Move 2 I have. Comes in handy when I have to tether my phone to my laptop and can't hear when phone calls or messages come in.