• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Do you plan to subscribe to Spotify Premium?

Do you plan to subscribe to Spotify Premium?

• Yes

Votes: 29 23.2%
  • No

Votes: 96 76.8%

• Total voters
I'm on their trial, and so far I like it, I've been on Google play music for a while but I can't stand the interface (that orange colour). So I'll be moving over to Spotify premium after the trial, plus I have a ps4 so it will be a great addition.

Free trial is getting me hooked, I like their algorithms for playlists and artists, saves me having to hunt for great music I didn’t know about. Local artists will also benefit from Spotify.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I'm deciding between Google Play Music and Spotify.

The thing in favour of Google Play Music is the 5 million extra songs.

The thing in favour of Spotify is that it has a Windows app and can presumably store songs locally so you can play offline. Google Play Music only has an Android app, so I have no way to store music on a Windows PC.

Why would Google release an iOS app but not a Windows app?

Cicero

Expert Member
Already do, I love it. The free service is annoying af with ads, but they've got pretty much every artist I listen to so I'm a premium subscriber. Works well.

Lechina

Yes I was waiting all this time for Spotify to launch in SA. I bliv it's the best app for all music lovers out in the jungle.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Nope. Turns out the SA version only has about 1/3rd the catalogue of my favourite musician, so that's a no-go from me, which is a pity as I was quite keen to use the service.

It was especially irritating, as the catalogue only shrank the day after release for some reason. :mad:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Nope. Turns out the SA version only has about 1/3rd the catalogue of my favourite musician, so that's a no-go from me, which is a pity as I was quite keen to use the service.

It was especially irritating, as the catalogue only shrank the day after release for some reason. :mad:
The inability to upload your own music is why I'll be cancelling my Spotify trial and sticking with Play Music. I need a music service to be the only one I need, and with Play Music (and Apple Music if you don't mind the crap stations) you get that.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
The inability to upload your own music is why I'll be cancelling my Spotify trial and sticking with Play Music. I need a music service to be the only one I need, and with Play Music (and Apple Music if you don't mind the crap stations) you get that.
Yah, already have the stuff uploaded to GPM, and will stick to that rather.