Do you play a musical instrument?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
No, I am not a New Apostolic where all they do is dedicate their lives to playing some musical instrument...

But I can play the Piano :) Got multiple awards as well.

Kelerei

Piano - can play some more of the advanced repertoire, although the likes of Rach 3 will always elude me, I think.
Organ - was really good, but very out of practice now (it's surprisingly difficult finding a church that's willing to let you practice).
Violin - a bit in my much younger days, but never really caught on there.

Would like to learn the oboe -- that will have to wait until I've settled in New Zealand, but it's an instrument I'd really like to give a try.
Also been up on the conductor's podium for school/youth orchestras back in the day.

:laugh:

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
I have tried guitars, they are just, how shall I say, too difficult for me.
I have tried to push through the barriers of pain and difficulty to no avail.

Art, on the other hand, I pushed through all the barriers and I am now a comic book artist

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
No, I am not a New Apostolic where all they do is dedicate their lives to playing some musical instrument...

But I can play the Piano :) Got multiple awards as well.
Lol. Growing up in an "Appy" household, it was really being tossed between orchestra and choir.
Admittedly my vocal exploits were more exemplary than the recorder or the few months I tried the clarinet.

sandwitch

Piano (intermediate), guitar (intermediate) and ukulele (really badly).

I think a good question would be where are all the music teachers? I've spent ages looking for a teacher and I'm either better than the ones in my area and/or they only teach children. I know we've good instrumentalists out there - why aren't they teaching?

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Piano (intermediate), guitar (intermediate) and ukulele (really badly).

I think a good question would be where are all the music teachers? I've spent ages looking for a teacher and I'm either better than the ones in my area and/or they only teach children. I know we've good instrumentalists out there - why aren't they teaching?
They all joined the New Apostolic Church.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I taught, a long time ago. My teacher got sick, passed away, and I took over teaching her pupils for a year. It was tough, for a couple of reasons:
- I wasn't, and still not a people person
- I was (and still am? :p) immature
- The bulk of the pupils were beginners, all going through the same book. Progress was slow. It was the same old, hour after hour. The few skilled pianists were really not into it, and gave up.

They were not the problem, I was. But you really have to have your heart into it if you're going to teach.

A short while ago I was looking for a teacher as well. After I went solo, I sort of stagnated. I could only find some at music schools, and their charges were quite high. It put me off. And well, life happened.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Guitar, self taught, skill level depends on how long gaps are between hand injuries...
Drums. self taught but lent my set to a friends cousins and havent seen friends cousin or drums since then- 8 years ago now. Jumped on a set last week as it happens and was really awkard.