- Feb 9, 2010
It depends. All too often (if we look at some of the myBB articles) the article itself has no value, so why even bother with comments?
See hidden discussions | Win great prizes | Get free support
Comments are not of much value because it is basically always the same - independent of the publication:
Why should this be censored or ignored. There seems to be a common theme.Comments are not of much value because it is basically always the same - independent of the publication:
There is a group of people who comment which our journalist respect and take very seriously, but that is more in the forum than the article comments.
- The articles are slated for being poor
- The journalists are slated for being poor
- The publication is slated for being poor
- The publication and journalists are slated for being biased
- The usual personal attacks on the publication, journalists and other commentators
- And then the usual “It was better in the old days, but things have gone down”
One more point to consider - what value does comments hold for a publication? The negatives are clear (more than what I mentioned above). What are the positives?
It is the entertainment and kak-praat angle, but can you really blame us? However, that said, nothing stops us from toning it down and moving towards discussion like commentary.What confuse us is why people continue to read the articles and visit the publication if they think it is so poor. The solution is easier than you think – just do not visit the site