Votes: 128 47.2%
  • No

Votes: 78 28.8%
  • Other

Votes: 65 24.0%

• Total voters

Dave

Honorary Master
It’s fine as a basis to start from, and most articles are fairly well referenced so it’s possible to follow the facts to verify for yourself.

Oenophile

I trust it for basic, non-critical info and follow the reference links supplied for further investigation. I do not trust it blindly.

Swa

Honorary Master
Look, if all your information need to be spoonfed by Facebook mom groups and woo-science alt-medicine networks then you'll end up.. uh, like you. A bunch of bollocks beliefs about pseudoscience and antivaxx conspiracies.

I'm not surprised to learn that you cannot even understand how a tool like Wikipedia might be used much less actually use it yourself.

For shame.
That's not what I said. I said it's pointless if you have to find your own sources. Then you might as well not look at them and find your own sources from the start.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
That's not what I said. I said it's pointless if you have to find your own sources. Then you might as well not look at them and find your own sources from the start.
OMG. There are citations throughout with sources and further reading at the bottom. Of every article. It is literally a map of sources.

PowerFactor

Yes, but for research purposes I usually use Wikipedia to quickly read about the topic and if I am going in the right direction. I will then follow the resources at the bottom and check the authors and their previous work around the subject. Using website articles are a bit tricky and you don't want to use it as your only resource.

carolbyett

depends on what you are searching for.... google scholar sometimes more helpful

Reactions: Swa