Does anyone know how to increase mail upload size? Cpanel & Horde

NatalNic

Good Day,

I need to upload thousands of backup mails to the server as we recently changed ISP's.

Using the webmail program Horde in Cpanel. I am able to upload a file size of 50mb or less.

My files are much bigger though.

Anyone know a solution to increasing file size uploads in Cpanel for mails?

Thanks
NN

Attachments

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Good morning,

Do you have a PC with Microsoft Outlook installed on it?

I would suggest setting up your email account on that, but using IMAP. Then open your PST file in outlook and manually drag the emails over to the corresponding folders. I hope that makes sense? :) Then you just wait for the sync to finish.

NatalNic

Thanks for getting back to me.

Im using a Mac.

The reason for wanting to upload rather than direct import or drag and drop onto my system is that the backup mails need to be filtered back down to other work colleagues. I tried with 10 mails. The upload went smooth and mails popped up on 3 different Macs.

Basically I need to get relevant departments their old emails back onto each system.

Hope this make sense.

Cheers
NN

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
Good Day,

I need to upload thousands of backup mails to the server as we recently changed ISP's.

Using the webmail program Horde in Cpanel. I am able to upload a file size of 50mb or less.

My files are much bigger though.

Anyone know a solution to increasing file size uploads in Cpanel for mails?

Thanks
NN
Have you considered doing a cpanel backup and restore?

If the source is not cpanel then search for imapsync, the developer offers a free online version and it works like a charm

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
Was on my phone when I posted so did not have the links for you,

Here with the link to hosted imapsync which is free
https://i005.lamiral.info/X/

Alternatively its worth spending a few $ and purchasing the product
https://imapsync.lamiral.info/#buy_all

This may help if imapsync is a bit of a luss
https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/maximum-mailbox-size-advice.628487/

I noticed that you signed up with Coolideas - from what I understand they are merely reselling web hosting and domain names via domains.co.za. Do yourself a favor and rather go directly with Domains or another provider that owns their own infrastructure like ourselves - you'll save yourself frustration in the long run
https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/please-rate-cool-ideas.1037439/

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
If you are using outlook take the PST file then add a new email account, change the mail servers to your new ISP and tell your email client to use that PST.

If you are using a different client again make a new inbox with the new mail servers then click on a message in the inbox then go CRTL +a to select all emails then drag it in your new inbox. This will have to be done with all boxes such as sent etc.

Dont do this on ADSL, you will need a decent upload speed, at least 20Meg.

NatalNic

If you are using outlook take the PST file then add a new email account, change the mail servers to your new ISP and tell your email client to use that PST.

If you are using a different client again make a new inbox with the new mail servers then click on a message in the inbox then go CRTL +a to select all emails then drag it in your new inbox. This will have to be done with all boxes such as sent etc.

Dont do this on ADSL, you will need a decent upload speed, at least 20Meg.

Do you mean copy and paste mails from my one mail account to the new one created on my system hoping it will automatically upload to the server.

Or drag and drop into webmail?

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Do you mean copy and paste mails from my one mail account to the new one created on my system hoping it will automatically upload to the server.

Or drag and drop into webmail?
Yes you can "Copy and paste them" and it will upload to the new server provided you make the new account IMAP.

Leave webmail out of this, its not going to work.

When you say copy and paste dont actually press CTRL + A CTRL + C then CTRL + V

Just CTRL + A then drag it in your email client as i said in my previous post.

Jade @ ZA Domains

Company Rep
Only glad to help out, it’s an awesome tool that and hence I suggested supporting the developer and buying a copy.

Have a lekker weekend