Please Rate Cool Ideas

Rate Cool Ideas, based on value-for-money, network quality, and support.

• Excellent

Votes: 206 54.5%
  • Good

Votes: 95 25.1%
  • Fair

Votes: 35 9.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 24 6.3%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We are doing a survey on how happy subscribers are with their ISP, and it will be great if you can rate Cool Ideas based on value-for-money, network quality, support, and general service satisfaction.

Also please tell us what Cool Ideas does well, and where they can improve, by positing in this thread.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I rated Excellent.

Pros:
- Outstanding network quality for me on Openserve 100Mbps
- Candid and insightful support from @PBCool himself
- Very good pricing
- Always had an easy time when I used telephonic support

Cons:
- Website/customer portal/ticketing system etc. stuff seems to be in need of improvement

Overall, I can't rate lower than Excellent when the quality of their network and their pricing are simply excellent.

The perfect ISP has the website and customer portal of Afrihost, with the network of Cool Ideas. But such an ISP doesn't exist, and the best effort I've seen thus far is Cool Ideas. At least they get the important stuff right.

Absolutely worst ISP I have ever been with.
Completely ignore tickets.
While I also don't appreciate tickets going unanswered, most ISPs are awful with their ticketing systems. In the last 15 years of Mweb -> Afrihost -> Crystal Web -> Cool Ideas, I don't think I've ever had much luck with SMS/email/ticket support. I've long since learned to just pick up the phone. And if an issue requires a follow up, then I'll call the following day rather than wait for a call.

RickMaver47

I rated Fair

Pros:
Pricing is good.
Speed is good when it's up (which is most of the time)

Cons:
Tickets just fall by the wayside
Sometimes internet is down (not sure if it's CI or Octo)

I am happy to stay with them, have faith and hope they sort one or two small things out.

Jade @ ZA Domains

ZA Domains representative
Company Rep
Absolutely worst ISP I have ever been with.
Completely ignore tickets.
I've found that their responses to tickets do some times take days, always best to jump on the phone and chat with them.

How ever, their staff are knowledgeable + friendly

Their product is better than others.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
I've found that their responses to tickets do some times take days, always best to jump on the phone and chat with them.

How ever, their staff are knowledgeable + friendly

Their product is better than others.
How does it help me to jump on the phone with them when their call centre is not 24/7????

For instance, when I was unable to use the service I pay for, on Friday at 21:00 or Sunday at 20:00 this weekend, I logged a ticket after trying to call and having the IVR tell me that I have phones outside of their business hours???????

Diplos

I rated excellent as I have not had a problem yet with CI. The one time there was an outage, it was due to Frogfoot and it the process of isolating the issue, I found the CI technician helpful.

dotdan

Had some hiccups right in the beginning but ever since the end of last year, I never have down time, latency is good and streaming is perfect.

TrueTenacity

I have been with Cool Ideas since December and I have not had a single moment of trouble with them.

I have had issues with Vumatel themselves, but never a problem with Cool Ideas

bar1

Expert Member
They are good but once logged a ticket and proved it is not a fault on my side and they insisted the issue is on my side.

RazorCPT

Been with them for around 3 years and now decided to leave. While they have had fantastic service and support up until around 6 months ago, recently their international performance has been poor and unreliable. Their response to the complaints on the forum has also left much to be desired. You know its serious when Afrihost looks better than CISP!

Mars

Honorary Master
Most of the time they are great, but the international speed sometime drops during peak times.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Pros : They are the best

Cons : Vox does 100mbps for R150 less in our estate.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Good

Their support/ticket resolution process needs to be improved, the two issues I have had only got resolved once I had made contact with an alternative contact I had found.

McT

The Humble Scot!
Bar one incident, which actually turned out to be something Vumatel had to attend to, the network has been awesome to be on. Mostly quite stable. Cannot recall it being down. Speed constantly what I expect. 5 *****

Greglsh

Rated good, last few days have been having small internet drops for 4 to 5 seconds.