Does showmax have more shows than netflix?

AdrianH

Expert Member
Off topic....

If you are on Vodacom (contract or prepaid) you can get Showmax free for first 3 months, and then pay R49 per month for remainder of year (9 months). You can cancel anytime, not bound to 12 months. Promo expires end of January.

https://www.showmax.com/eng/vodacom

Megamuffin

I use Warez. Totally free. Access all content at all times. Access content in different quality, 420p, 720, 1080, full Blu-ray or whatever your needs are. No restrictions. These companies are killing themselves with their licensing and restriction nonsense.
I also do that but I want to watch shows "legally" and stuff and it's not too expensive anyway but if you compare the two the "other" way seems way superior in terms of amount actual content and convenience rather than having to subscribe to all these different services just to be able to watch the shows you like.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Showmax has different shows to Netflix. Like South Park, HBO stuff and other stuff. Get both and see.

EADC

Expert Member
Best thing I did was forget about shows an just let Netflix recommend shows and keep track of what's new, I have found some gems that way

Zarnicate

No HBO content (I.E. GoT, WestWorld etc ) will be on Netflix as years ago Netflix and HBO had a falling out. Use Showmax for those. Netflix has more content, the interface is way better however if you have both you are basically covered for viewing content.

Dolby

Honorary Master
You're going to get the same content on SD , HD or 4K package - it's not going to change. Like someone said, they're prioritizing and advertising the 4K content, hence the extra line ... but the content is the same.

There's a single Netflix account and the content changes depending on where it is accessed - SA, US, UK, NZ, Panama, Germany etc all have their own content. The US doesn't have everything SA has got, for example. When I looked for Big Bang Once, it was in NZ and Panama ... not US!

fbman

What package? The 4K subscription has a ton more to watch than the middle-ground Full HD package.
There is no difference in content between the netflix subscription packages, content is driven by geography.

fbman

You're going to get the same content on SD , HD or 4K package - it's not going to change. Like someone said, they're prioritizing and advertising the 4K content, hence the extra line ... but the content is the same.

There's a single Netflix account and the content changes depending on where it is accessed - SA, US, UK, NZ, Panama, Germany etc all have their own content. The US doesn't have everything SA has got, for example. When I looked for Big Bang Once, it was in NZ and Panama ... not US!
There is no Netflix region, with all the content, we even have stuff the US don't have (Star trek Discovery).. content is dependent on deals in the various regions

fbman

Gonna have to wait longer for Netflix local content.

The Netflix original series, titled "Queen Sono," will see Pearl take on the role of a highly trained top spy in a South African agency whose purpose is to better the lives of African citizens. While taking on her most dangerous mission yet, she must also face changing relationships in her personal life.

Sounds awesome :cautious:

IOL
It does sound awesome.. Because its on Netflix, it will be an international quality i.e. not SABC quality.

Dolby

Honorary Master
There is no Netflix region, with all the content, we even have stuff the US don't have (Star trek Discovery).. content is dependent on deals in the various regions
That's exactly what I said ?

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
At the end of the day if it doesn't have the absolute latest stuff its a waste of time.

Netflix is only good for its own originals which is mostly rubbish.

When the new GoT comes out its either DSTV or the high seas.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
I use Warez. Totally free. Access all content at all times. Access content in different quality, 420p, 720, 1080, full Blu-ray or whatever your needs are. No restrictions. These companies are killing themselves with their licensing and restriction nonsense.
Oh hello....

EADC

Expert Member
At the end of the day if it doesn't have the absolute latest stuff its a waste of time.

Netflix is only good for its own originals which is mostly rubbish.

When the new GoT comes out its either DSTV or the high seas.
We got Rick and Morty season 3 as it came out in the states.