Does telkom offer dual SIM phones ??

Kavishkar

Hi guys - not really sure of this question was asked and answered before but can anyone confirm if Telkom offers Dual-Sim version of the Samsung Galaxy A71 on contract??? Or any phone for that matter ??? I've been told that MTN and Vodacom only offer single sim versions of devices and haven't heard the same about Telkom but you can't always be to sure . Feedback will be much appreciated .
Thanks ✌

Sayf777

Expert Member
Hi guys - not really sure of this question was asked and answered before but can anyone confirm if Telkom offers Dual-Sim version of the Samsung Galaxy A71 on contract??? Or any phone for that matter ??? I've been told that MTN and Vodacom only offer single sim versions of devices and haven't heard the same about Telkom but you can't always be to sure . Feedback will be much appreciated .
Thanks
Online/tele sales for Telkom is single sim, in store depends on what stock that store has.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Thanks ✌
My wife enquired about the A71 from Telkom (online request)- she was told it's single sim. It's odd since they do sell dual sim phones. My own Mat 10 pro was bought from them (long ago) and it's dual sim. I believe some of their current Huawei's are also dual sim.

We're busy trying to apply for a Cell C contract for her because they confirmed they have the dual sim version of the A71

Kavishkar

My wife enquired about the A71 from Telkom (online request)- she was told it's single sim. It's odd since they do sell dual sim phones. My own Mat 10 pro was bought from them (long ago) and it's dual sim. I believe some of their current Huawei's are also dual sim.

We're busy trying to apply for a Cell C contract for her because they confirmed they have the dual sim version of the A71
Cool thanks for the feedback dude , guess I'll give Cell C a try as well , hope it works out

Kavishkar

Get a Xiaomi phone. They are cheap, have good hardware and are dual sim.
What do you think of the Mi Note 10 , it's similarly spec'd as the A71 except for the 108mp ear camera on the Xiaomi and no SD card slot - I've seen videos online but still not convinced

Shaun108

Executive Member
What do you think of the Mi Note 10 , it's similarly spec'd as the A71 except for the 108mp ear camera on the Xiaomi and no SD card slot - I've seen videos online but still not convinced
Def recommend. I have 2 of these - 1 for my personal use and 1 for the office. No problems yet - it's very quick and the camera is awesome. It comes standard with 128Gb storage so it's not much of a hassle for me.

Duke of Hazard

Yes they do, out of abundant necessity. Signal is so **** you need at least 1 MTN or Voda sim to be able to send a whatsapp or emergency call.

My contract is going to be cancelled in 3 months time.

TheJman

Expert Member
Yes they do, out of abundant necessity. Signal is so **** you need at least 1 MTN or Voda sim to be able to send a whatsapp or emergency call.

Depends on your area, and that applies to all networks - in my area MTN signal is non-existent, but Telkom and Vodcom are at full strength

Duke of Hazard

Depends on your area, and that applies to all networks - in my area MTN signal is non-existent, but Telkom and Vodcom are at full strength
I'd have a fair signal but regularly not be able to make a call or it would drop... Bettter Half and I took out identical contracts because we call each other alot during the day on my way home etc, and the free Telkom to Telkom minutes pushed us towards Telkom. The catch was that you can hardly ever use them, CONSTANT and I'm not exaggerating, you couldn't make a single call without it going crackly or dropping, pushing me to get an MTN prepaid so I could receive calls from her and now she must buy airtime so we can talk anyway and now, the Telkom sim? Who knows where it is even, I just transfer the included Data to the Missus every month.

I was caught with Cell C ( who didn't have signal in their own store where I took the contract out many moons ago) and now I've been caught by Telkom. MTN has so far had signal virtually everywhere I go with the acceptable low spots here and there which are few and far between.

TheJman

Expert Member
I'd have a fair signal but regularly not be able to make a call or it would drop... Bettter Half and I took out identical contracts because we call each other alot during the day on my way home etc, and the free Telkom to Telkom minutes pushed us towards Telkom. The catch was that you can hardly ever use them, CONSTANT and I'm not exaggerating, you couldn't make a single call without it going crackly or dropping, pushing me to get an MTN prepaid so I could receive calls from her and now she must buy airtime so we can talk anyway and now, the Telkom sim? Who knows where it is even, I just transfer the included Data to the Missus every month.

I was caught with Cell C ( who didn't have signal in their own store where I took the contract out many moons ago) and now I've been caught by Telkom. MTN has so far had signal virtually everywhere I go with the acceptable low spots here and there which are few and far between.
Yeah it really is insane how unstable and erratic cell phone signal is - I guess that's a function of the terrain etc - but exactly the same, family member had Cell C, could only make calls when standing in certain part of their house! The best advice someone gave me was to buy a prepaid sim from a cell phone company you planning to take a contract with, put R10 on it or what ever and test it for a week in the places you are most

Kavishkar

Def recommend. I have 2 of these - 1 for my personal use and 1 for the office. No problems yet - it's very quick and the camera is awesome. It comes standard with 128Gb storage so it's not much of a hassle for me.
Thanks for the feedback dude!

Kavishkar

I've got Rain as my data sim and Telkom for calls and stuff but as off late both networks have been crap