Does the Huawei B683 router have DDNS?

jakachira

New Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2007
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Does the Huawei B683 router have DDNS? Their manual doesn't say anything about it.

Just thought I would get a quick respond with a new thread

Thanks
 
No. Google is your friend. Search for "B683 DDNS" brings the first hit: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/archive/index.php/t-373892.html
Read message from biometrics


I have been there before he is however talking about B660 version

Be warned that the current firmware does not have DDNS and only allows 8 ports to be forwarded.

I have a Hong Kong version of the firmware that has DDNS and an update to the local firmware that allows 32 ports to be forwarded, but not both. I heard (unconfirmed) that the MTN firmware has both, but I can't find it on the MTN site. Can anyone confirm that the MTN version has both DDNS and 32 port forwards? Has anyone got a copy of the MTN firmware?

I'm referring to the B660 specifically.
 
I called the Huawei Company and they told me the router does support DDNS if the right firmware is installed. They told me units being sold in South Africa use firmware that doesn't support DDNS. So for one to have the DDNS support you need to upgrade your firmware and that is what i'm going to do :-)
 
I called the Huawei Company and they told me the router does support DDNS if the right firmware is installed. They told me units being sold in South Africa use firmware that doesn't support DDNS. So for one to have the DDNS support you need to upgrade your firmware and that is what i'm going to do :-)

Caution, you may find that the updated firmware isn't readily available. Typically you'll end up with branded firmware which can only be updated with more branded firmware.
 
Just tell us what you want to achieve. You can still use DDNS client on one of computer and use free DDNS client for publishing your Web pages, etc.
Re router DDNS: I don't know how DDNS works on home equipment, while I saw some routers claiming to support DDNS. My understanding is that DDNS server needs to be on Internet static IP space to perform services to the outside world.
 
Just tell us what you want to achieve. You can still use DDNS client on one of computer and use free DDNS client for publishing your Web pages, etc.
Re router DDNS: I don't know how DDNS works on home equipment, while I saw some routers claiming to support DDNS. My understanding is that DDNS server needs to be on Internet static IP space to perform services to the outside world.

I have an electrical component that has an in-built web-server with a simple web-application to monitor it's functioning through the Ethernet network. So this component will be the only network device connected to this router in an area that only supports 3G/EDGE/GPRS/GSM. Connecting a PC with DDNS client to this network won't be feasible to what I'm trying to achieve. Basically its a Solar Power System. I'm trying to put a remote monitoring system. I think If this router fails me, I can get another one that supports DDNS.
 
BTW, the HUAWEI guy told me he can do the firmware upgrade for me without a problem.
 
Just tell us what you want to achieve. You can still use DDNS client on one of computer and use free DDNS client for publishing your Web pages, etc.
Re router DDNS: I don't know how DDNS works on home equipment, while I saw some routers claiming to support DDNS. My understanding is that DDNS server needs to be on Internet static IP space to perform services to the outside world.

I used DDNS on a B970 with Vodacom unrestricted APN and it worked perfectly.
 
I have an electrical component that has an in-built web-server with a simple web-application to monitor it's functioning through the Ethernet network. So this component will be the only network device connected to this router in an area that only supports 3G/EDGE/GPRS/GSM. Connecting a PC with DDNS client to this network won't be feasible to what I'm trying to achieve. Basically its a Solar Power System. I'm trying to put a remote monitoring system. I think If this router fails me, I can get another one that supports DDNS.
I have the same task: to monitor an unattended solar plant via mobile broadband. The only way to obtain this is a router with DDNS ability.
So far, a B970b does this job very reliable, the system is up for more than 2 years now. But asked for a replacement, I'd prefer the B683 as the newer model.

So let me ask the same question as before: is DDNS supported by the B683?
 
OuPiet, can you maybe send me the uncompressed file for the B683 upgrade?

The .rar version gives me an error everytime I download it.
 
Here is a newer firmware i put on my mtn b683 router with success.

"http://www.viva.com.bh/sites/default/files/FmcUpgrade-20120718150357-_B_683-_28_Mbps_Router_Without_Voice.rar"

It now has DDNS in the settings.

I, can I also get the firmware, the rar does not seem to work.

Tank you,

Jurie
 
New out from the box router -V24 does support DDNS, but no USSD.
Firmware version 1146.11.455.01.118
 
Hi all,

I have same problem with B683, I did not find a firmware to upgrade this device with DDNS. I tried many times to download VIVA one but all archives are corrupted.

Can someone helps me please?

Many thanks

Daniele
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X