DOT MATRIX PRINTERS

mh348

Expert Member
I have a few questions about Dor Matrix printers, I need to order a replacement printer for a client.

1.Whats the Difference Between the 9-Pin dot matrix printers and the 24-pin dot matrix printer?

2. From what I know you get the standard size printer that prints on a standard dot matrix paper and you the get the type that uses the wider paper, From the item description how do they list the two types?

3. Whats a good model to get from the epson range, I have accounts with most of the distributors (rectron/esquire etc).

Amida

Expert Member
I not to sure about the pins but the Epson FX300+ is the one to get because a lot of the older applications were designed to work with them.

mh348

Expert Member
Thanks. The LX300+ seems to be the entry level printer, I think I'll go with that. Besides Esquire & Mustek who else stocks slip printers?

KobusDJ

The 9 pin gives 72 DPI (vertical) and the 24 Pin 180 DPI (vertical) . This can increase when in Near Letter Quality mode (double strike). 24 Pin is faster.

Normal size printer is A4 80 column, and the wider one is A3 136 column.

Have a look at the Epson UK site for the current models.

It depends on the application what will work best. The entry level LX 300+ II is a good hard working printer for a POS environment.

mh348

Expert Member
The 9 pin gives 72 DPI (vertical) and the 24 Pin 180 DPI (vertical) . This can increase when in Near Letter Quality mode (double strike). 24 Pin is faster.

Normal size printer is A4 80 column, and the wider one is A3 136 column.

Have a look at the Epson UK site for the current models.

It depends on the application what will work best. The entry level LX 300+ II is a good hard working printer for a POS environment.

Thanks. Its for a POS system for printing quotes, the client is running IQ Enterprise software.

They had a new printer, installed about three months ago, it got hit by lightening on Saturday so I have to quote them on a new one. The lightening hit two PC's, 1 dotmatrix printer, 1 slip printer, 2 fax machines and the Network Switch.

KobusDJ

Lightning is bad.

Do you need to quote them a new slip printer as well? The TM-L60II is a good thermal printer. They just go on and on.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
At work we use Oki Microline - very fast and reliable. Haven't used any Epson dot matrix printers.

mh348

Expert Member
Lightning is bad.

Do you need to quote them a new slip printer as well? The TM-L60II is a good thermal printer. They just go on and on.

Which Distributors sell Slip Printers?