DSTV Now - Only one device link allowed per subscription - implement without warning

4debeera@gmail.com

Multichoice has with no notice implemented a new policy yesterday where you can only have device linked to your account. Not even a case of just allowing one device to view at a time, no only one linked. Just confirmed this with call centre. When you want to watch you must unlink a family member and then link your device. Please tell me this not only just me that they are trying to screw over.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
What packages does this affect?

EDIT: Doesn't appear to affect watching through a browser which is the way I do it so as long as that still works, I'm happy.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Say what?

If so, then it is because of the launch of the new DStvNow standalone service.

It is going to be interesting to see how things will work in the future.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
IMG_20200311_155537.jpg

Nothing has changed my side.

Just confirmed (watching) with nieces phone plus mine.

Luke7777

Executive Member
Still the same here as well... if this was closer to April 1... but then again, wouldn't put it past MC :)

desbowers01

Multichoice has with no notice implemented a new policy yesterday where you can only have device linked to your account. Not even a case of just allowing one device to view at a time, no only one linked. Just confirmed this with call centre. When you want to watch you must unlink a family member and then link your device. Please tell me this not only just me that they are trying to screw over.
Hello. I recently can't watch 'dstv now" on my laptop (via any browser) and I am wondering if it is due this new policy? Has any formal announcement been made?

desbowers01

hello all. I am still having a problem with watching series and even live TV on DSTV Now on my Toshiba laptop. Everything works up until I press watch. then i get a black screen - no error even displayed. it works for me on every other laptop that the family has, just not my Toshiba. I have tried all the suggestions like clearing cache, another browser, etc nothing works. Can it be a setting on my laptop? If so, what could it be. Any suggestions please. TIA

MavChat

Expert Member
hello all. I am still having a problem with watching series and even live TV on DSTV Now on my Toshiba laptop. Everything works up until I press watch. then i get a black screen - no error even displayed. it works for me on every other laptop that the family has, just not my Toshiba. I have tried all the suggestions like clearing cache, another browser, etc nothing works. Can it be a setting on my laptop? If so, what could it be. Any suggestions please. TIA
You named the issue: TOSHIBA

My ex wife had the same issue. I think it may be due to the onboard graphics or something as it was the only device that would not work.