DSTV Now problems

Tector

Hi guys and gals,

I am experiencing an oddity on both my DSTV Now smart tv and android apps. It is linked to a premium account and mid December started noticing that there was only 6 crappy channels available on live tv. I know they have a recently watched section. This went on for a couple of days and fixed itself and everything was back to normal. Or so I thought... This morning it has returned to 6 channels only and the recently watched channels section gone completely. Is anyone else experiencing this same issue??

Nobody Important

Executive Member
There was another member that reported a similar issue recently. Members giving him advice told of how they made a call to multichoice and the agents did the necessary on their end thus solving the issue. I suggest you do the same.

Tector

There was another member that reported a similar issue recently. Members giving him advice told of how they made a call to multichoice and the agents did the necessary on their end thus solving the issue. I suggest you do the same.
Thank you for the advice. Will phone them on Monday if not resolved!

AdrianH

Expert Member
Hi guys and gals,

I am experiencing an oddity on both my DSTV Now smart tv and android apps. It is linked to a premium account and mid December started noticing that there was only 6 crappy channels available on live tv. I know they have a recently watched section. This went on for a couple of days and fixed itself and everything was back to normal. Or so I thought... This morning it has returned to 6 channels only and the recently watched channels section gone completely. Is anyone else experiencing this same issue??
Did you change the "recently watched" to "all channels"? I find this stupid app keeps defaulting to recently watched...annoying.

Tector

Did you change the "recently watched" to "all channels"? I find this stupid app keeps defaulting to recently watched...annoying.
That's the thing...Recently watched completely dissapears from both my smart tv and android apps and then default to all channels. There is only 6 channels available though

AdrianH

Expert Member
That's the thing...Recently watched completely dissapears from both my smart tv and android apps and then default to all channels. There is only 6 channels available though
Maybe try clearing cache and app data on Android, and login again. Possibly old account data hanging around.

Tector

Maybe try clearing cache and app data on Android, and login again. Possibly old account data hanging around.
Fixed itself overnight on both smart tv and android. Thanks anyway!