DStv still working on bundle with uncapped fiber

Chris

Journalist
DStv still working on bundle with uncapped fiber

MultiChoice is still busy developing a bundle which will combine a DStv subscriptions with uncapped Internet service packages.

MultiChoice CEO Calvo Mawela and COO Simon Camerer previously told MyBroadband they were planning to launch a DStv offerings which included uncapped fibre.

They are planning to make the bundled product more affordable than paying for the services separately.

IPTV product from DSTV with strict account sharing and a reasonable price will keep them alive. else they're going away.

unlike the US cable/sat providers that are large enough to absorb and adapt, this little subsidiary will dissolve

No Gov backing to leech off of like SABC, and their only USP is sport.

grok

Honorary Master
Fuggem, been rid of them for more than 4 years now they cured both my cravings for type-of-service & k@k-attitude companies.

My only regret is that it doesn't also take just one email to rid myself of k@k government too..

Reactions: ccj

zulucat

Expert Member
You just can't deliver fokkol... The standalone streaming offering you have been promising since 2015 still hasn't seen the light of day... You incompetent buffoons!

Gudnews

Yeah... Pvr fee plus a new bundle fee for the convenience, and a single access fee as well maybe.
In defence of the access fee, you do get to link a decoder for the price one instead of paying a whole new sum for a different account.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
In defence of the access fee, you do get to link a decoder for the price one instead of paying a whole new sum for a different account.

No defence.

Sky as an example offers the same for "free" as part of their subscription if you have the box already, or you pay a monthly fee and get an additional box. Also looks like they support up to 4 additional different viewing environments.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Bet they wish Naspers merged them with MWEB when they had the opportunity.

Gudnews

No defence.

Sky as an example offers the same for "free" as part of their subscription if you have the box already, or you pay a monthly fee and get an additional box. Also looks like they support up to 4 additional different viewing environments.
Loss taken.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Loss taken.

:p

Generally if DSTV do something and charge for it, you can be sure that other providers offer a similar service and more than likely offer it for free, or offer it in a much better fashion