Dual code door/window sensors for eWeLink

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Nice. Use the cheaper AAA batteries rather than expensive remote batteries.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
What is buffalo shipping?
Cheap shipping from China, NOT SAPO!!!!

Takes a bit longer than DHL or Aramex, but very cheap. The tax free option is less than R60 per order. If, for any reason. you get charged duty, you will get a refund from Banggood (or SunSky and others that now have Buffalo as a delivery option). Mine was handed over to Paxi here in SA for delivery to my nearest PEP store.

RetroRabbit

Cheap shipping from China, NOT SAPO!!!!

Takes a bit longer than DHL or Aramex, but very cheap. The tax free option is less than R60 per order. If, for any reason. you get charged duty, you will get a refund from Banggood (or SunSky and others that now have Buffalo as a delivery option). Mine was handed over to Paxi here in SA for delivery to my nearest PEP store.
Ah okay that's great. Only question is, on BangGoods website I don't see Buffalo shipping as an option? Or is that the South Africa Direct Mail?

Concentric

But these are not ewelink compatible.. so I'm guessing you need a different bridge of sorts?
aaah yes sorry i use tasmota and home assistant.
But i think ewelink can do any 443 mhz signal

edit: it will work with the rf bridge

riscbroker

Expert Member
For those using these door/window sensors or PIRs with the RF Bridge - how many sensors can one bridge handle? I believe that the bridge can accommodate 4 x 4-button remotes, for a total of 16 switched devices, but I can't find any any info on how many PIR sensors or DW1 sensors it can manage.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
For those using these door/window sensors or PIRs with the RF Bridge - how many sensors can one bridge handle? I believe that the bridge can accommodate 4 x 4-button remotes, for a total of 16 switched devices, but I can't find any any info on how many PIR sensors or DW1 sensors it can manage.
I'm setting mine up this weekend. 2 x PIR and 3 x DW. I'll let you know if all 5 can go on the same bridge.

So confusing!

• Support to add max. sixteen 433MHz RF Remote/Curtain Switch/Alarm
  • Support to control up to sixty-four 433MHz RF devices
  • Support totally 8 schedule/countdown/loop timers to turn on/off 433MHz RF controlled devices

riscbroker

Expert Member
I'm setting mine up this weekend. 2 x PIR and 3 x DW. I'll let you know if all 5 can go on the same bridge.

So confusing!
Thanks Dairyfarmer - I only have 3 PIRs here so I don't know what the limit is. I want to get a couple of dual-code door sensors but can't figure out if I need to order another bridge or two at the same time.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
I have a Bridge setup already and one DW connected. Those bridges are so cheap I have ordered another one. I want the DWs and PIRs on seperate bridges.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
@abudabi
770188 770190
2 x PIR
3 X DW
4 x Remote buttons

If you have an RF device you can then add the remote as a 4 button. If you are wanting to control a non RF device then you have to add the button as an alarm.

So it would actually be better if you rather have a seperate RF Bridge for remotes and sensors. Else if you press a button and have alarms activated, you will get a notification.

Last edited:

riscbroker

Expert Member
So it looks like one bridge will accommodate 16 PIRs or door/window sensors (of the single contact variety)?

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Think so. The only problem is if you want specific alarms. Any device that is triggered on a Bridge will give an alarm. It will tell you which alarm though.

I just put a DW inside one of my safes. It will popup if the door is opened. But so too will the PIR in my lounge and my front door, .....

So I learned 2 things;
A PIR would work better inside a rifle safe. There are too many corners to try line up the magnet and the reed.
You need a Bridge for each type of alarm you want.

Couldn't find anything on IFTTT yet.

riscbroker

Expert Member
I see IFTTT can use the DW1 as a trigger, that should be useful.

Or put a PIR in the safe and create a scene that switches a Basic when the PIR senses movement. You could have the Basic output to a siren/light/whatever and/or leave the outputs open and use the switch on IFTTT as a trigger/notifier.

Last edited: