Durban 2010 world cup games

Nicky_G

We have some good games. From the tickets that I have:
Germany vs Australia
Spain vs Switzerland
Netherlands vs Japan
Portugal vs Brazil - the best
Round 16 1E vs 2F which is likely Netherlands vs Italy/Paraguay.
Thats like the top 5 teams in the world that I would get to watch.

LancelotSA

Banned
The only really good, actually great, game there is Portugal Brazil. The others will be good if they could result in upsets as they each have clear favourites.

Sting

Ghost in the Machine
PE games!

I want to see the highlighted games! We have some great games...probably see them all!!!!

Match 4 Korea Republic v Greece
Match 13 Côte d'Ivoire v Portugal
Match 21 Germany v Serbia
Match 31 Chile v Switzerland
Match 37 Slovenia v England
Match 49 Winner A (France?) v Runner-up B (Nigeria?)

LancelotSA

Banned
I want to see the highlighted games! We have some great games...probably see them all!!!!

Match 4 Korea Republic v Greece
Match 13 Côte d'Ivoire v Portugal
Match 21 Germany v Serbia
Match 31 Chile v Switzerland
Match 37 Slovenia v England
Match 49 Winner A (France?) v Runner-up B (Nigeria?)
Brazil-Portugal still wins! ;)

AMG133

Expert Member
I got tickets to Portugal vs Brazil! Im soooo ****ing stoked!!!

Want to get tickets to the Spain game & Netherlands game aswell

Nicky_G

Well I didnt get tickets for the Nigeria vs Uruguay so no real loss.

UltimateWarez

guys ... i haven't applied for any tickets as yet.

do you think i can still apply for tickets in durban?

i just want to go for the portugal vs brazil one. i do have one of those ticket applications here with me.

should i use that or apply online?

will i be wasting my time? or can i still get tickets..i will apply for the Cat 4 tickets that are R140.

Nicky_G

Try applying online asap. Just went through the entire match schedule and the Portugal vs Brazil match looks like the best match of the group stage.

UltimateWarez

Try applying online asap. Just went through the entire match schedule and the Portugal vs Brazil match looks like the best match of the group stage.
thanks i will do.

it says that it will start at 12:00 CET , 5 december.

Is this tomorrow at midday , or is this now at midnight?

LancelotSA

Banned

“The good news for all football fans wanting to experience this special event is that about one million tickets for all 64 matches and categories will become available in the third sales phase – including a limited number for the opening match and the final.”

Fans will have to apply within 49 days (until 22 January) for individual match tickets or Team-Specific Series. If there are over-subscribed matches or categories, or over-subscribed ticket products or categories, there will be an electronic random selection draw on 1 February to identify the successful applicants.
No rush to buy it seems... as long as you get before the 22 January you have as much chance as someone who gets it early.

LancelotSA

Banned
Yip, confirmation of that....

Third sales phase: 5 December 2009 to 22 January 2010

The procedure corresponds to that of phase one: all correctly submitted applications received during this stage will be considered for allocation. If the number of applications for Match or Team Specific tickets exceeds the number of tickets available, tickets will be allocated by a random selection draw taking place on 1 February 2010. Please note: it makes no difference whether you apply early, on 5 December 2009, or late, on 22 January 2010. Each correctly submitted application will have the same opportunity of being successful in the draw.

UltimateWarez

wow that is great news!

i hope i get tickets for the Brazil vs Portugal match and a longshot at either the opening match or semi-final.

Lets pray and hope :D

nic777

Expert Member
yup, that durban portugal and brazil game is going to be great. Anyone else planning to travel to durban for the match?

Gamer

Expert Member
i'm a durbanite and am also super stoked. my confirmed tickets are:

Match 7 - Germany v Australia - 13 June 16:00
Match 45 - Portugal v Brazil - 25 June 16:00

The Germany game is the opening game in Durban so that'll be cool. Portugal vs Brasil is going to be incredible. I'll apply for a few more games and see what happens, but I'm stoked with what i got already.

Nicky_G

Who has been to the new stadium and what are your thoughts on it? Pitch looks ok on TV with a few dry patches which I am sure will be sorted out.

Nicky_G

Judging from those pictures, the pitch looks far from seating area.

Gamer

Expert Member
Judging from those pictures, the pitch looks far from seating area.
Yeah that's for the future proofing (athletics track required for Olympic bids).
As you can see, we were sitting only 6 rows back with perfect view of the whole pitch...I was well impressed. I'm going again to watch Chiefs vs Sundowns next week and will choose seats higher up to see what it's like.