Durban getting its own TV channel

FNfal

Executive Member
I will eat my hat if there is no charge associated to this TV channel .

"It would not cost anything as the city would use existing infrastructure, municipal spokesperson Tozi Mthethwa said in a statement. Human settlements and infrastructure committee chairperson Nigel Gumede said it was a wonderful idea as people could stay informed about city policies."

Azg

Expert Member
"Deputy Mayor Nomvuzo Shabalala said the municipality was partnering with a company that had a licence to run a TV station.City Manager Sibusiso Sithole said that there were no cost implications as all the equipment was already there."

What is in it for the partnering company if there is no cost involved? Will advertising revenue cover their costs and profit?

Toothless

Banned
"Deputy Mayor Nomvuzo Shabalala said the municipality was partnering with a company that had a licence to run a TV station.City Manager Sibusiso Sithole said that there were no cost implications as all the equipment was already there."

What is in it for the partnering company if there is no cost involved? Will advertising revenue cover their costs and profit?
I smell something off here...

genetic

Honorary Master
“We already have the television screens and nothing will have to be spent in this regard. For us, it is a way of communicating with the public without being censored by media about the work the city is doing.”
Television screens let you watch TV, not make TV. :p

kianm

Honorary Master
For us, it is a way of communicating with the public without being censored by media about the work the city is doing.”
Does the media sensor the truth or propaganda or this guy was talking ****