E-tags may become compulsory

Valerion

Expert Member
It is governed by the SANRAL act, there own law (which in parts dates back to before the ANC)
There falls under criminal law section, ie. it is like stealing or murder. There is no EULA for you to agree to the law
I am referring to this:

http://www.sanral.co.za/e-toll/app/...ocuments/e-toll_TermsAndConditions.pdf?id=123

Currently you cannot get an e-tag without agreeing to this.

http://www.sanral.co.za/e-toll/app/gort_xml/files/content/documents/e-toll_InformationForm_EN.pdf - please look at General Communication, section b.

cfilorux

TAG 666 GP

Sounds like the mark of the beast.
No, the new ID card with RFID contactless smart card sounds like the mark of the beast. Having to approve of homosexual marriage sounds like the mark of the beast. This etag thing sounds like killing the goose that lays the golden egg, and flogging the horse until it is dead.

Last edited:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Guess GP will become the 2nd DA province.
Much wailing and gnashing of teeth when ANC gets under 50% in either PTA or JHB (hopefully both) in the 2016 local elections. I for one will tell them "Told you so, you dumb ANCtards".

cfilorux

Lies, damned lies and illusion

Clearly nobody in the government of this fine country knows how to compare a estimated measure with an accounting measure. Sometimes the cost of counting something makes the exercise entirely unprofitable.

The illusion that a tax is "fair" should not cost as much as the etoll's illusion of fairness does.

Last edited:

Jola

Honorary Master
Thank goodness we don't have e tags here in Cape Town.
Coming soon to a Highway near you !

Just remember that you have to activate them by putting them in the microwave for 20 seconds on High Power.

krycor

Honorary Master
Much wailing and gnashing of teeth when ANC gets under 50% in either PTA or JHB (hopefully both) in the 2016 local elections. I for one will tell them "Told you so, you dumb ANCtards".
They just paving the way for a decade or two of DA rule in which those taxes might not get unloaded immediately but will allow them to fix the province. Gauteng is the one province with the most rampant urban decay which is in stark contrast to parts within itself.

genetic

Honorary Master
When I was up in JHB over the holidays I saw many cars with e-tags suck on their windsheilds. A lot more than I thought I'd see.

kianm

Honorary Master
Slightly off topic - has anyone renewed their vehicle registration with unpaid e-toll accounts? How did it work? Did anyone check?
I have renewed the license disc and also did a change of ownership with unpaid tolls. Well i guess if they tried to force people at renewal then some would stop renewing completely

Sonic2k

Executive Member
When I was up in JHB over the holidays I saw many cars with e-tags suck on their windsheilds. A lot more than I thought I'd see.
There are a few traitors yes... not many though. I still see an awful lot of my fellow man resisting the system

Segg

Expert Member
There are a few traitors yes... not many though. I still see an awful lot of my fellow man resisting the system
+1

We have tags fitted, but they were put in the microwave first :D

Helps with the roadblocks, I've never been pulled over once

Jola

Honorary Master
+1

How long,you don't want to melt the damn thing ?

Would 10 sec be enough ?

So if this does happen. I'm moving to joburg soon but my car is registered in PE so I have EC plates. If I just keep the EC plates, I won't have to get one by law?

Lupus

Honorary Master
+1

Don't have any fitted and never been stopped either, so I'd rather save the 50 bucks :)

Fireball

So if this does happen. I'm moving to joburg soon but my car is registered in PE so I have EC plates. If I just keep the EC plates, I won't have to get one by law?
I would like to know this too...