Easy Equities good or bad?

mervman

If it's rand-denominated and locally listed. So Sygnia's ETFs would count.

Allan Gray is a firm which stands to benefit from this, because they have the AG-Orbis Global Equity Fund (rand-denominated international exposure, like Sygnia's ETFs), which previously was over-subscribed and they weren't accepting new investors. It's now likely that they'll be able to open up to more people, if I understand correctly.
I think it's for passive ETF's only as it stands. AG orbis is not an ETF.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Another day another problem: the account totals are displaying the wrong value.

For arguments sake, I have the following in my TFSA:

ETF1: R 10 000
ETF2: R 25 000
ETF3: R 5 000

My total is showing R 15 000 instead of R 40 00 and also showing a "massive" loss. I'm telling you.... **** platform built and maintained by the lowest bidder.

vavyn

Any thoughts on SYG4IR? Slightly higher TOC over the SP500 & Nasdaq 100,
Just moved my TFSA to EE and wondering which of the following above ETF to invest. Maybe a combination of them?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Any thoughts on SYG4IR?
I hold it on my Investec portfolio as opposed to ETF5IT I hold in my TFSA.

It is up 17% over the last 7 months or so, I think I traded twice.

Regardless, it's different and it is performing very well. If I had to pick only one between them I'd pick them in this order though: ETF5IT, STXNDQ, SYG4IR

Personal preference

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Just moved my TFSA to EE and wondering which of the following above ETF to invest. Maybe a combination of them?
My TFSA:

60% ASHEQF
40% ETF5IT

I have a very small amount of STXEMG in there but I was just playing around with dividend payouts. Anyway, the above two have made decent returns for me.

vavyn

My TFSA:

60% ASHEQF
40% ETF5IT

I have a very small amount of STXEMG in there but I was just playing around with dividend payouts. Anyway, the above two have made decent returns for me.
At the moment my TFSA is 100% STXWDM. Waiting on EE to clear the funds transferred.

On my local account, I have invested in STXNDQ and STXWDM which atm is about -7.5% and -4.3% respectively so not looking too great but I'm in it for the long run.

Is ETF5IT the same as your normal SP500. Can't find any info on it.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Any thoughts on SYG4IR? Slightly higher TOC over the SP500 & Nasdaq 100,

Its a good fund (my 2c). 41% up depending on when you bought for the year

I personally have :
Ash Global 1200
CoreShares S&P500
Sygnia 4th generation ....

I cant wait for EE to widen their RA leg to have EFT's included (not only bundles)

Last edited:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Is ETF5IT the same as your normal SP500. Can't find any info on it.
It's the info-tech stocks in the SP500. So your Apple, Microsoft etc. No Amazon or Tesla like Nasdaq 100. Amazon is seen as consumer goods or something.

vavyn

It's the info-tech stocks in the SP500. So your Apple, Microsoft etc. No Amazon or Tesla like Nasdaq 100. Amazon is seen as consumer goods or something.
Ah Okay make sense. I'll do my DD. Thanks for the advice. Appreciated.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Can anyone here make sense of the EasyCredits stuff and how to make sure you don't buy something and lose straight away?

Bought shares in an ETF this morning, insta R2500 loss. And I used EasyCredits hoping to avoid that.

Bloody frustrating I tell you.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
I got a SOFV for a 2nd time in as many years. At what point is this a bad thing?

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Can anyone here make sense of the EasyCredits stuff and how to make sure you don't buy something and lose straight away?

Bought shares in an ETF this morning, insta R2500 loss. And I used EasyCredits hoping to avoid that.

Bloody frustrating I tell you.
What I've learnt from dabbling in crypto is to spread your purchases over a period of time

mervman

I got a SOFV for a 2nd time in as many years. At what point is this a bad thing?
You can see what your yearly limits are somewhere on the platform. Just don't go over this amount in a year. I think it's set at sign up depending on what you choose as your employment.
If you want to go over this send them some documents showing proof of funds and ask them to permanently increase it.